Aluno PC Security

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
First of all you should never test malware on your host OS.It should only be done in a Virtual Environment or a separate testing machine.
Why are you using spyshelter with ESET Internet Security which contains a Firewall?
Consider enabling SmartScreen
Consider some on demand scanners such as Zemana Antimalware,Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Hitman Pro,etc.
Consider CCleaner or Privazer for privacy and optimization.
Consider some type of data & system back up solution.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I would seriously consider a backup image, even the build in windows image is better than nothing, I can't recall how many times that has saved me from a complete format. That might be because I like to mess around with different software and settings. :p

Interesting search engine choice : Bing, Tried it a few times and not my cup of tea, Its seems bring up less searches to me compare to others.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Possible of 80% that malware testing in Host may gone wrong when steps were executed incorrectly.

Better to conduct on virtual machine instead or as mentioned a system backup.

-------------

Any extensions on your browser? Add Ublock Origin as adblocker.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Stop testing on your host, and for a tester your choice of second opinion scanner is suspect,
run with MBAM, HitmanPro, or at least Zemana for your second opinion scanner ;)
Thanks for sharing :)

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Yeas of cours :) First I use brain.exe ( testing only urls or detection ratio, not behawior analyse on my host)
Brain.exe means to use a virtualization environment for malware testing.
Are you testing also malicious URLs?
In this case, a malicious website can drop an executable to infect your real system.
In addition, some malicious sites may process your real IP for non-benevolent purposes, then it is also necessary to use a VPN to protect your IP.

Aluno

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 15, 2016
In SpyShelter I turn off firewall becouse Eset have auto level on.
I Using Edge browser with Ad Block and smart screen.
I do not run any .exe malware when i download it. (based only on detection rate and malicious urls blocking)
My second opinion scanner is Zemana Antilogger and Secure A Plus Premium.
Thanks evrybody for your advice :)
I stoped testing anything on my host becouse I dont have virtual machine (i am totaly green in this)
What do you think guys what will be better Avast Premier or Eset internet Security 10?

Reactions: DardiM

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I would guess we all have our own preferences on AV, Use what you are familiar with.

I do have some questions regarding running ZAL, SpyShelter Firewall, and Eset? Do you have ZAL on manual just using it on for ondemand scan and Spyshelter doing the keylogging function. I have tried running ZAL with ID protecton off and Real time protection off and Spyshelter and it has caused me a lot of issues, Might be my inexperience with those two software.

I have been playing around with Spyshelter and find that I prefer their firewall , Spyshelter seems to give me more control over each setting and I like being in control of my system. Tho i am still figuring out how to make Spyshelter work, I still can't figure out how to get firefox to recognize my keypresses without it being on exclusion from Spyshelter. :p

t0pr0

Nov 29, 2016
ALWAYS use an isolated virtual machine. Even make sure you disable shared directories/filesharing with your host and even bidirectional clipboard and drag 'n drop action. One time I got lazy and got hit by a payload that was able to use an exploit in the parsing of VirtualBox, resulting in a VM-escape.

Reactions: Aluno

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
In SpyShelter I turn off firewall becouse Eset have auto level on.
I Using Edge browser with Ad Block and smart screen.
I do not run any .exe malware when i download it. (based only on detection rate and malicious urls blocking)
My second opinion scanner is Zemana Antilogger and Secure A Plus Premium.
Thanks evrybody for your advice :)
I stoped testing anything on my host becouse I dont have virtual machine (i am totaly green in this)
What do you think guys what will be better Avast Premier or Eset internet Security 10?
Eset, without hesitation

Reactions: Aluno and DardiM

Aluno

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 15, 2016
In my opinion ZAL is good only for on demand scan.. Have poor privacy protection and keylogging function work but not for all aplication. SpyShelter is the best anti-keylogger and work with all programs. And hips module ar verry verry good and we can scan with jotti before click agrree to run X program/aplication. Now when i win SecureAPlus Premium 2 years license i thing is better option than ZAl. Eset and SpyShelter is main security and SAP only when i want to make sure.(without any problems in this configuration so far)
I like being in control of my system too ;)
But I`ll be honest Eset and SpyShelter is more than enough for most user :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.