Solved Am I infected?

David Caputo-Keene

Thread author
Jan 31, 2017
I just received a USPS confirmation of delivery email (looked official) but I think it was malware. I tried moving it to spam and went to delete forever. It was not there in spam. I looked in Trash - not there either.
I tried to start Malwarebytes Pro and got message no lisence. Tried to add Malwarebytes key. Message "you are not connected to internet. Other open chrome pages are open and connected. I'm pretty sure this is the Malware stopping me from activating Malwarebytes.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

x5o4gh.png

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

David Caputo-Keene

Thread author
Jan 31, 2017
I did and was able to run pro version. No malware found.

Actually, the USPS delivery tracking number turns out to be real. A relative in London sent a parcel and emailed me that I would be getting a tracking number advice shortly after I sent the email to you re-infection. Typical USPS - that their real info looks like Malware. I do not know where the email went when I tried to send it to Spam/Delete forever. It reappeared again in my inbox 15 minutes later. I still sent it to spam and delete forever. Thanks for your help - I suppose a bit of a false alarm this time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.