AMD Based Mid Range Budget PC Build Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.lashpash

Thread author
Oct 18, 2012
Here is a Good Guide to Build a Budget Gaming PC based on AMD

All Part are Picked from Newegg.com
I know there are many suggestion out there but i found these parts very affordable so i am sharing with you these.

Motherboard
A good Motherboard is always essential to Build a Nice Gaming Rig.
I my Opinion this mother board is great because this has all the latest features like USB 3.0, Sata 3.0, UEFI bios, Super Charge and great overclocking support. There are many other brands but in this price range this board is very affordable.
970%20Pro3(m).jpg

for more details please follow the link below
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157319

CPU
AMD's new Vishera series are out with impressive improvements.
AMD FX-6300 is 6 Cores CPU clock at 3.5GHz and turbo boost upto 4.1GHz.
and this is very budget CPU
PCF273.w_rev1.main-380-75.jpg

for more details please click on link given below
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286

Liquid Cooling for CPU

For Processor Corsair Hydro Series H80 is a great choice .
This is a Budget Cooling solution
Corsair-H80-Water-Cooling-Main.jpg

For more information and specs please follow the link given below
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181016

RAM
Great RAM is also essential for Gaming rig and for in my opinion CORSAIR XMS3 is a great choice it is in 8GB (4x2) and with higher frequency

1315274-a.jpg

For more information please visit the link given below
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145325

Hard Disk (For storage Purpose)

For storage every one wants huge storage with good speed.
WD green drives are very best and low cost. In my opinion This is great Hard disk with all new revision
157885.jpg

For more details
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136939

Boot Drive

In these days a SSD is essential as boot drive in a PC
Using SSD we can achieve best performance from a system.
Here is a good SSD for Boot Drive
vertex_4___09057_zoom.jpg

For more details please click on the link given below
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227801

Graphics Card

If you want to play games and want to enjoy multimedia then you should have good graphics card.
for AMD's PC i would suggest AMD Radeon HD 7870. There are many brands and card out there but i found this card suitable for this rig
7230_10_sapphire_announces_radeon_hd_7870_flex_with_dual_x_cooler.jpg

For more details please click on link given belos
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202010

Power Supply

For a PC having good CUP and GPU, a good power supply is needed for feed these bad boys.
CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 is a great choice for a budget build

115847_screenshot2011_09_27at4_12_24pm.png

for more details please click on the link
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

PC Case

A casing with good exhaust and enough room for PC parts is necessary.
There are many Cases out there but in my opinion COOLER MASTER Storm Enforcer SGC-1000 is a great choice. It have great front panel I/O like USB 3.0 Header.
cooler_master_storm_enforcer_front_left_34.jpg

For more details
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119240

Any type of suggestion will be appreciated

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
See, everyone goes on about the case and how cool it looks. I personally see no point in it. You could have the most worst looking machine and then on the inside have the above items. Just my two cents worth.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I like this thread...I have to say that the case is very important to me, I bought a decent case from Tiger Direct not too long ago for 40 bucks + shipping...

Cooler Master Elite 310
TAM3y

Any opinions are welcomed for what I should put inside this case

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MRF71 said:
Any opinions are welcomed for what I should put inside this case

Processor: Intel Pentium 2
RAM: 512MB
HDD: 10GB
Graphics: 64MB

/sarcasm

mr.lashpash

Thread author
Oct 18, 2012
Every Person has its own choice about chases.
I think its weird that you have great hardware but you have only 2 Cents case.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
A window is must to show off all that great hardware you've spent so much on. If I was building an expensive custom build, I wouldn't hide it under my desk where nobody could see it that's for sure.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Bio might like this :p
I would however I'm more of a Intel/Nividia Guy.
More expensive but a better experience for me.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
3link9 said:

Are ATI desktop cards not better performers compared to Nvidias offerings these days? or am I behind the times (most likely)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Tom172 said:
A window is must to show off all that great hardware you've spent so much on. If I was building an expensive custom build, I wouldn't hide it under my desk where nobody could see it that's for sure.

True, that would be probably the best thing about the case though.

mr.lashpash

Thread author
Oct 18, 2012

Here i posted Mid Budget Range Parts.
Yes there Intel has Fastest CPU.
But Price Vs performance AMD is better on Both side GPU and CPU

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Tom172 said:
3link9 said:

Are ATI desktop cards not better performers compared to Nvidias offerings these days? or am I behind the times (most likely)

depends on the type of application; in GPGPU-applications AMD is a better choice however for gaming nvidia might be a better choice due to better drivers that Nvidia gives the end-user. Nvidia's kepler is focusing more on gaming rather then raw calculation. Tesla K20 is the version of kepler that is focusing on GPGPU-applications.

I hope Maxwell will focus on GPGPU rather than gaming experience.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Tom172 said:

Valentin N said:
depends on the type of application; in GPGPU-applications AMD is a better choice however for gaming nvidia might be a better choice due to better drivers that Nvidia gives the end-user. Nvidia's kepler is focusing more on gaming rather then raw calculation. Tesla K20 is the version of kepler that is focusing on GPGPU-applications.

I hope Maxwell will focus on GPGPU rather than gaming experience.

Thanks for that :)

P

Plexx

3link9 said:

To be honest for a mid budget rig, if you are a gamer then you can replace and cut down on some components such as:

Cut down on SSD and keep instead 2 SATA HDDs (1 for backup and games files etc, another for windows, programs etc).

Sure having a SSD for loading OS only is good but not really required. Having a SSD for GAMES, it will not be a budget rig anymore.

PSU between 600W and 650W there is not much difference in price, however it is more recommended 650Ws.

The ATI card is ok but for a similar price (looking at UK/Europe prices), you can get a decent Mid End NVidia Card or even 2 and make it sli. That of course will require changing the Motherboard (even if you wish to keep the CPU as AMD).

Mid end gaming rig does not need a liquid cooling. Instead a few fans and enough ventilation is fine.

Replacing ATI cards with decent NVidia, removing SSD, removing liquid cooling, get a decent coolmasters case and possibly replace MoBo (not sure on that one due to the processor as of this moment), total cost would be slightly less or the same as this current rig with more gaming potential.

Imran

Level 1
Feb 27, 2012
Biozfear said:
To be honest for a mid budget rig, if you are a gamer then you can replace and cut down on some components such as:

Cut down on SSD and keep instead 2 SATA HDDs (1 for backup and games files etc, another for windows, programs etc).

Sure having a SSD for loading OS only is good but not really required. Having a SSD for GAMES, it will not be a budget rig anymore.

PSU between 600W and 650W there is not much difference in price, however it is more recommended 650Ws.

The ATI card is ok but for a similar price (looking at UK/Europe prices), you can get a decent Mid End NVidia Card or even 2 and make it sli. That of course will require changing the Motherboard (even if you wish to keep the CPU as AMD).

Mid end gaming rig does not need a liquid cooling. Instead a few fans and enough ventilation is fine.

Replacing ATI cards with decent NVidia, removing SSD, removing liquid cooling, get a decent coolmasters case and possibly replace MoBo (not sure on that one due to the processor as of this moment), total cost would be slightly less or the same as this current rig with more gaming potential.

SSD will help you when you are loading a mission(not only when you are booting a system)
And ATI/AMD Cards are much better when it comes to gaming :)
How about you have i5 and 2TB HDD and have lot of programmes ready to load on system start-up?
How much simple HDD is gonna perform?
SSD is much much faster in everything no matter if you are loading Adobe Photoshop,3D Max or whatever.

Here is the BIG difference for you while loading games(in case of you are a gamer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxv1LTbjNDA

And which nVidia graphic card you are comparing with AMD Radeon HD 7870?(Price vs Performance)

P

Plexx

I run an i7 sandy bridge laptop with Nvidia card and currently a SSD for gaming, so I am aware of the pros and cons of SSD as well as had both an AMD and Intel Gaming Rig with ATI and Nvidia cards.

I believe you misunderstood what I said. For a mid range gaming rig, one does not need a SSD. Instead of a SSD you could get 1 to 2 NVidia cards (in SLI) and still a decent price and more affordable.

SSD is also priced up quite high if you are going for higher storage, which is why I said: " Having a SSD for GAMES, it will not be a budget rig anymore."

Please do tell me exactly how is ATI/AMD cards much better for gaming.

I am not referring to High End Cards of each Manufacturer nor its forks.

Let's not forget as well that most games are favored over NVidia as opposed to ATI/AMD, so majority of the games are already patched upon launch for its graphics card.

Edit: Forgot to address the card question.

If you cut down on liquid cooling and SSD, you can easly replace the ATI/AMD card with a far more stable and better money for value GTX 660 TI (you would need to find out the different sub manufacturers specifications to drill down a bit more).

As far as I remember the 660 cards did drop a bit of price so that are not that pricey.

If you want to go a bit lower on price, you can get the 650 which are still superior for gaming than the 7870.

Imran

Level 1
Feb 27, 2012
Biozfear said:
Please do tell me exactly how is ATI/AMD cards much better for gaming.

As far as I remember the 660 cards did drop a bit of price so that are not that pricey.

If you want to go a bit lower on price, you can get the 650 which are still superior for gaming than the 7870.

As far as i know there is no match when it comes to Radeon HD 7850 and HD 7870(price vs performance) and when they are overclocked you can't beat them even if you have GTX 590 in your PC :)

P

Plexx

Imran said:
As far as i know there is no match when it comes to Radeon HD 7850 and HD 7870(price vs performance) and when they are overclocked you can't beat them even if you have GTX 590 in your PC :)

I never mentioned GTX 590 in my posts so not sure exactly what type of comparison you want to do.

As for cards overclocked or not, depending on the sub manufacturer, you have different clock speeds, modifications etc. Still fail to understand your comparison of 7850/7870 to Nvidia since you are mentioning the 590 card.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
with amd apu and the compatible AMD dGPU you will get a lot of performance per $/€/£. I wouldn't use a card that uses less than 192bit or GDDR5; 128bit or lower with GDDR3 will be a bottleneck for the gpu.

If someone intends to game a lot then the focus has to lay on the gpu. and i3-2130 or similar is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.