AMD Based Mid Range Budget PC Build Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.lashpash

Thread author
Oct 18, 2012
Here i didn't mention that AMD is better or nVida is better.
Liquid cooling is optional so you can stick with which comes with CPU.
But AMD's these CPUs are great overclockers and we can gain more performance with a liquid cooling.
If we will talk about GPUs, there are no limits about arguing that " This is better that is better i like this" blah blah blah"
We can play all games in 1080p with nice FPS.
If someone is nVdia fan i don't blame him because nVidia is also my favorite.
A 60GB SSD is not bad option if we want quick response and there is almost enough space for installing a game on it.
Price Vs performance this pc is great.

Imran

Level 1
Feb 27, 2012
Biozfear said:
I never mentioned GTX 590 in my posts so not sure exactly what type of comparison you want to do.

As for cards overclocked or not, depending on the sub manufacturer, you have different clock speeds, modifications etc. Still fail to understand your comparison of 7850/7870 to Nvidia since you are mentioning the 590 card.

GTX 590(which is a pricey card) is much better than 660
But 7850/7870 are much better than 660(price vs performance)
But if they are overclocked they can easily beat 590(but with a price of 20$ less than 660).
You said "Please do tell me exactly how is ATI/AMD cards much better for gaming"
The situation is in front of you :)

mr.lashpash

Thread author
Oct 18, 2012
Biozfear said:
I believe you misunderstood what I said. For a mid range gaming rig, one does not need a SSD. Instead of a SSD you could get 1 to 2 NVidia cards (in SLI) and still a decent price and more affordable.

Please do tell me exactly how is ATI/AMD cards much better for gaming.

I don't know why you are cutting down the SSD and suggesting 2 nVidia cards for SLI option.
SLI configuration with traditional HDD I don't understand this.
SLI will improve gaming experience but SSD will improve overall PC's performance like booting loading and response. :)

P

Plexx

mr.lashpash said:
I don't know why you are cutting down the SSD and suggesting 2 nVidia cards for SLI option.
SLI configuration with traditional HDD I don't understand this.
SLI will improve gaming experience but SSD will improve overall PC's performance like booting loading and response. :)

A hardcore/enthusiastic gamer focus on FPS along with 1080p and ultra/maxes settings more than load times of getting into the game.

That being said, any gamer will focus on gaming experience as opposed to Overall PC Performance :)

One exception is the casual gamer which will focus on Overall PC Performance along with a decent gaming experience.

So for a budget gaming rig for the hardcore/enthusiastic gamer, SSD is not the main priority.

On a side note: I have no personal preference between AMD/INTEL ATI/NVIDIA but as a gamer myself, I get more out of INTEL/NVIDIA as opposed to AMD/ATI and for many years I used AMD as processors because I focused more on the GPU until I could upgrade it further.

Also, overclocking is not something I endorse for personal reasons, so I look at stock settings and when it comes to cards, I do look at the different manufacturers of specific cards and get the one that does the job the best.

Balance is the key component in any custom built gaming rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.