Solved AMD Processor Running Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Hi, i need some advice for my girlfriends laptop its under warrenty and she just got it back and they replaced the heat sink fan. the cpu is a amd a10-4600m and you can see more from the speccy screenshot below thats its only the cpu getting extremely hot. I've seen it go all the way up to 115 degrees celcius.

Anyways im wondering what damage can it do since the max operating temp is 100 degrees and what could it possibly be?

33a6ib7.png

PS: this is even when running idle

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What are the readings with HWMonitor? Could it be the technicians did a bad job? Check the fans are working correctly?

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It may caused the way used the laptop since air released might fully blocked from habitual way.

Any luck on using external fan stand to decrease it?

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Earth said:
What are the readings with HWMonitor? Could it be the technicians did a bad job? Check the fans are working correctly?

Ill check the readings this weekend with HWMonitor. It was like this before the technicians did a repair too, so im not 100% sure ill see if i can open it without voiding the warranty. I can feel the fans pushing air out.. not very much but i can feel it

Any luck on using external fan stand to decrease it?

a external fan stand kind of helps but not very much the most it reduces it to is 85 to 90 degrees celcius. (i put the external fan right under the intake vent)

Upvote 0

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
Might be a faulty sensor, 99c is very hot for a CPU to survive and Id have thought it would have auto shutdown to save the hardware by now

IF it really is that hot, then the heatsink is not connected correctly or there is no thermal paste on it

Upvote 0

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
tapoo said:
^^is thermal paste necessary??

Erm, yes extremely necessary otherwise the heat can't transfer from the CPU to the heatsink properly

Metal on metal is far from a perfect connection, there are tiny impurities on each surface meaning they are not touching each other fully, thermal paste fills those tiny holes to give a near perfect finish and connection between the two

On a laptop it might be a thermal pad rather than thermal paste, I always put paste on laptops and desktops, it makes a huge difference

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I have an AMD CPU in my laptop and it's causing heat issues. If what Detection said is there try getting a laptop cooling pad.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.