AMD: quad-core Llano outshines Sandy Bridge

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
AMD has released the first of its 32nm "Llano" processors, claiming they offer superior graphics performance to Intel's Sandy Bridge chips.

Llano wasn't expected to arrive until later this year, but AMD says supplies of quad-core processors are heading to OEMs today.

Llano processors use a similar architeture to current Phenom II and Athlon II processors, but with on-board "discrete-level" graphics - as opposed to the lightweight integrated GPUs found in Intel's Sandy Bridge processors. AMD refers to the chips as "Accelerated Processing Units" or APUs.

Link

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Valentinchen N said:

This video makes me laugh because the Intel CPU is only running at 2ghz and it doesn't state what the AMd is clocked at. As far as we know it could be running at 4ghz.

I do really hope AMD comes back into form like the Athlon 64 days. Stiff competition is always best for consumer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
MetalShaun said:
Valentinchen N said:

This video makes me laugh because the Intel CPU is only running at 2ghz and it doesn't state what the AMd is clocked at. As far as we know it could be running at 4ghz.

I do really hope AMD comes back into form like the Athlon 64 days. Stiff competition is always best for consumer.

They left the i7 as it come by default

proof

So it's i7 vs Llano. Nothing wrong with that :)

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.