AMD1's Latest Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I strongly recommend adding a second opinion scanner(s), examples: HitmanPro, Malwarebyes, EEK, and Zemana.
No need for both Ccleaner and WiseCare, I'd suggest to get rid of Ccleaner and just use WiseCare since you already have it.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Enable Smartscreen.
Probably do not need Keyscambler with Kaspersky TS.
Consider adding an on demand scanner(s).
Consider adding HTTPS Everywhere to Chrome.
I also agree that there is no need for both CCleaner & WiseCare.
Make sure CCleaner is updated to the most recent version if you have not done so already.
Secure Windows 10 Config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Reactions: JM Safe

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Smartscreen is vital, enable it.
You need an on-demand scanner, Malwarebytes is good.
Stick with CCleaner only and make sure you are on latest build and it's not 32 bit.
As a recommendation, but it's not that important, you may want to add a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx Home, it's free and you'll be able to restore a machine in faster time than a disk imager. You can keep Macrium, but Rollback will give you a bit more time in your day :)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Replace kaspersky secure connection with windscribe vpn or vpn gate asap!

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Replace kaspersky secure connection with windscribe VPN or VPN gate asap!

@Trickster I agree with your recommendation. I have been a long time member and user of Windscribe VPN. I bought a lifetime license for this great VPN service a long time ago. I can say for a fact that this VPN is quite sophisticated compared to other alternatives on the market.

Reactions: FrFc1908

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I would recommend that you add some on-demand scanners!

Examples: Malwarebytes, EEK, Malwarebytes JRT, AdwCleaner

Another great alternative you can add to your config is uBlock Origin, but Adguard is great as well.

Please use smartscreen - enable it as it is worth having on.

CCleaner and Wise Cleaner: both of these products are great, but both of them are not needed on your system. Personally, I would choose only one. If you choose CCleaner please update to the latest build as others have suggested.

Have you thought about adding HTTPS and NoScript to Chrome? Both of these are great for browser security.

Thanks for sharing your configuration!

Sincerely,

Lightning_Brian

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Thanks for your replies. Smartscreen is set to "warn"

Will check out other recommendations.

Thanks

Andy

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Why SmartScreen disabled?

Add HTTPS Everywhere and ZAM Free.

Thanks for sharing.

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Smartscreen is enabled

Will look at HTTPS Everywhere and ZAM

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.