shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Never used Voodooshield but I am familiar with Comodo. Will look into it, many thanks.
I have somehow a personal preference for dedicated stuff. For example, when I'm outside my testing environment, i'm having my currently implemented security solutions do their work and trying not to click on anything I found on the internet or receiving via emails/other electronic means. This speeds up my work without having to struggle with security alerts that much, as I try to keep them away. On the other hand, when i'm using my testing environment, I really don't care what happens there, actually the focus is to try to destroy it while analyzing how it does the destroying. But then again, I need tools to slow some processes down and log the work, so tools like Comodo (or Voodooshiled) are very handy :)

Thanks again!
If you like to analyse, you might really like NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro. It is the classic dedicated default/deny app.
You can find threads on it here on MT, with links to the current free beta version (which is a bit outdated, but still works... the dev is supposed to come out with a new beta very soon)

Reactions: Amelith Nargothrond

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Consider an on demand scanner(s) separate from your real time protection.
Consider replacing Adblock with uBlock origin.
Config looks good! thanks for sharing it with us :)

Wow, 2 days here, and i have a new browser and a new ad blocker (thank you, it's awesome!). I'm wondering what else will i change :)) And i thought i'll probably use my old stuff for another 10 years... Awesome community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.