ams963's config

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Fine configuration, well Webroot can be a companion AV which can be alongside by other third party AV's.

You may add MBAM from on demand scanners.

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
jamescv7 said:
Fine configuration, well Webroot can be a companion AV which can be alongside by other third party AV's.

You may add MBAM from on demand scanners.

Yeah but why use it with another AV when WSA works strong and great by itself?

I've been a MBAM user for a long time. But now it uses too much ram for a complementing antimalware. Also it increases both the AV's and its own scan times if used in realtime. Don't find use as on-demand.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
When you said you have Trend Micro on your other PC's, what version is it? 2013 Max or?

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
Titanium IS 2013. Why? You also use TrendMicro?

McLovin said:
When you said you have Trend Micro on your other PC's, what version is it? 2013 Max or?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ams963 said:
Titanium IS 2013. Why? You also use TrendMicro?

Yes, I do. I'm the only user on this forum that has been using it for years.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Good comment, hope others see this too. :+1:

ams963 said:
Yeah but why use it with another AV when WSA works strong and great by itself?

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
Added a VPN. I've tried some VPN services. And I've settled on SecurityKiss. It's great. It requires no Registration, usernames or Passwords. Free users get limited 300MB/day and speed limit(in my experience) about 12Mbit/s. The free package also comes with unlimited switching between servers, exclusive tunneling, octopus tunneling. The paid packages of course offers unlimited speed,(uncapped speed - 100 Mbit/s), unlimited data, even a dedicated IP address. Overall I think I'm satisfied with it. And the names of the packages are very interesting. The free plan is named Green, economy plan is OLIVINE, etc. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What do you use the VPN for?

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
I use it when I visit cafes, libraries, stay at hotels, etc. and use their WiFi networks. A VPN is a must in those situations. :)

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Privacy, Man in the middle attacks, Wifi sniffers. Just to name a few reasons.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OK, thanks.

I thought you were using the VPN for home use only, hence asking.

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
@kjdemuth is correct.:)

@Earth
I rarely use VPN for home use. IMO not needed when I'm at home.;) What do you think?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have you considered Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, User Account Control? Basically Microsoft products?

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
Yes I have. Win FW and UAC are turned on in my system. Just didn't mention in the configuration. Not sure about Win Defender though. It's weak imo. WSA is light, fast and strong.:)

Best Wishes,
Amit

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.