An entomologist explains why not to kill spiders in your home

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I don't remember killing any spider willingly myself except when I was a kid, I often held my cat high on the wall so that it would kill and eat the spider or lizard. I did this a few times before my father taught me how important they are for our environment that I shouldn't let my cat kill them instead I should stop if my cat tries to do so on it's own and also it eating them could be harmful for the cat. We don't have any dangerous spiders here at least in the cities so maybe the experience would be different for other people. Most of the spiders I've seen in my life are while I'm in the toilet doing number 2 :cautious: I would be scared and stare at it the whole time wondering how would I react if it falls on me! 🤒
The insect that I've killed countless times is mosquito. I'm sure I killed more mosquitoes in my life so far than the population of many countries 😂

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I agree with you bribon77
God does not unite to send others to hell immortally
Maybe he will send us to the hospital, and the hospital (hell) stay time will vary according to the degree of sins . :) :devilish: .
Theologically speaking, I am Universalist, this means that we will all go to Heaven.
Reason why I think so: Because our life is a grain of dust in the universe. and for that grain of dust, we will pay an Eternity suffering, it is not fair.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I love all animals great and small...Each serves a purpose...I avoid terminating anything;)
Say hello to my little friend,,he just happens to be the deadliest spider on the planet :love:
YES venustus I think the same like you!
And your image is EXCELLENT. What beauty!(y) You could make an avatar if you wish...

Look this one it says Hello to you, jumping spider show true colors (on phys.org),
- a male Maratus speciosus 'Peacock' jumping spider, from Australia:
1-jumpingspide.jpg
When jumping spiders show their true colors, biologists look through the lens for the reasons

Hmm, I've posted already (some time ago) many peacock jumping spider images in another topic... called "New Stunning Web Pictures Gallery" - but this topic is out of public view for now, too bad...

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Theologically speaking, I am Universalist, this means that we will all go to Heaven.
Reason why I think so: Because our life is a grain of dust in the universe. and for that grain of dust, we will pay an Eternity suffering, it is not fair.
YES Bribon I thik same, but more: I think to see too in Heaven all my deceased cats, in good shape

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Yes, I also uphold the views of venustus, and very strongly. Spiders are so relentlessly, abhorrently misunderstood.
Another marvel is also prey to stupid, ignorant people who don't know anything, just kill because they're "scary." These insects and arachnids are essential for natural balances. I hope the below in snip are more plentiful in less humanly-polluted places. Honk if you support non-human beings! 😺🐭🦝🦁🐨🐳🦞🌴🌜🌍

9a482d63da344cdc95f84880a192bffd.jpg

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Among spiders that live in Japan, this spider, which has a relatively large body, is a worker who lives in homes with pests and preys on them. Once the pests have been completely eliminated, they leave their homes looking for their next home. It's like a wandering gunman. Some Japanese citizens call this spider a sergeant.

I think that what humans learn from them is 'Do not judge everything just by appearance.' Same as the countermeasures for phishing sites.

I think that Japanese and American spiders are smarter than those in Spain ... So it's nice to have Spiders.:LOL:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.