Operating system
Windows 10
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Avira Free Antivirus(Main protection layer)
Crystal Security (Antivirus that can work alongside primary AV which is very light and mainly Cloud-based)
Appcheck Anti Ransomware Free (Reverses changes in case of a ransomware attack and includes MBR and exploit protection)
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Heuristics on High with Avira Free Antivirus.
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro, Rougekiller Portable
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Vivaldi is my Default Web Browser
Brave Web Browser for 2nd choice
Extensions: AdGuard, Windscribe, HTTPS Everywhere, minerBlock, Emsisoft Browser Security
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner Free, Glary Utilities Pro, UCheck Software updater
File and Photo backup
MEGA Sync Cloud Backup
System recovery
None
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Intel Core I5 3.2 GHz
8GB RAM
1TB Hard Drive
Notable changes
07/09/2020 - Replaced Firefox with Brave as a backup browser.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Updated my configuration;
-Removed NANO Antivirus and replaced with Avira Free Antivirus.
-Replaced some second opinion scanners
-Replaced Zemana Anti Logger with Ghostpress AntiLogger.
-Added UCheck Software updater.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Updated my configuration;
-Removed NANO Antivirus and replaced with Avira Free Antivirus.
-Replaced some second opinion scanners
-Replaced Zemana Anti Logger with Ghostpress AntiLogger.
-Added UCheck Software updater.
may i know what made you remove NANO Antivirus? I'm thinking about trying it on my PC which i use for gaming. I saw that it uses nearly a GB of disk space, but is it's memory usage also that high?

Reactions: Protomartyr

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
may i know what made you remove NANO Antivirus? I'm thinking about trying it on my PC which i use for gaming. I saw that it uses nearly a GB of disk space, but is it's memory usage also that high?
No, I reckon it is actually pretty light. It doesn't use that much RAM. The main only reason why I didn't like it is that it doesn't really have a behaviour blocker even though it has cloud scanning and heuristics. Their signatures are actually pretty good.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
No, I reckon it is actually pretty light. It doesn't use that much RAM. The main only reason why I didn't like it is that it doesn't really have a behaviour blocker even though it has cloud scanning and heuristics. Their signatures are actually pretty good.
Oh, well I might try it with SpyShelter Free then. Could be a nice combo. But Avira also doesn't have a behaviour blocker as far as i know. You might want to try Bitdefender Free with its Active Virus Control. :)

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Oh, well I might try it with SpyShelter Free then. Could be a nice combo. But Avira also doesn't have a behaviour blocker as far as i know. You might want to try Bitdefender Free with its Active Virus Control. :)
Yeah, could do. That would be good I think SpyShelter Free and NANO Antivirus.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.