Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
So? Testing Environment details?Malware sample testing: I do participate in malware testing. See details about my testing environment below.
Environment for malware testing: N/A
No Windows Hello PIN?Log-in security
You right, I mistakenly chose the wrong optionStop using your testing rig for banking. It is a massive security risk. You need to treat that machine as infected at all times, especially with those risky habits.
Go get a cheap, separate laptop for your finances.
Yeah Now that you mention it, I set a 4-digit PIN instead of a password. I didn't know it was part of Windows Hello.So? Testing Environment details?
No Windows Hello PIN?
Click and clean is useful to me because with one click I can delete cache, history without closing Chrome or fiddling with Chrome menus. Maybe could u suggest me another way to do it?Hi.
These extensions are not necessary:
- click&clean
- smart https
I would still recommend a separate device for these activities. Think of it as quarantining. Because these activities carry a higher risk of malware, you want to keep them far away from the device where you enter your credit card information.You right, I mistakenly chose the wrong option
Yeah Now that you mention it, I set a 4-digit PIN instead of a password. I didn't know it was part of Windows Hello.
Sharing and receiving files and torrents
Gaming
Gaming with third-party mods
Click and clean is useful to me because with one click I can delete cache, history without closing Chrome or fiddling with Chrome menus. Maybe could u suggest me another way to do it?
chrome://history
I agree with the principle of separating the two activities using two different devices. The problem is that I only have one PC. At most, I can use my tablet or smartphone or an older PC with Windows 10 (not supported by the more recent Windows 11) for banking activities.I would still recommend a separate device for these activities. Think of it as quarantining. Because these activities carry a higher risk of malware, you want to keep them far away from the device where you enter your credit card information.
The problem is that you can only clear the cache by closing the browser, which bothers me because I lose my open windows. I needed a quick way to do this cleaning without closing the browser.You can use the policy
SavingBrowserHistoryDisabled = 1
to not set the history.
Or you can delete (also) your history when you exit the browser with this policy:
ClearBrowsingDataOnExitList
Chrome Enterprise Policy List & Management | Documentation
The same applies to the cache, which can be deleted when you exit the browser using the policy described above.![]()
I agree with the principle of separating the two activities using two different devices. The problem is that I only have one PC. At most, I can use my tablet or smartphone or an older PC with Windows 10 (not supported by the more recent Windows 11) for banking activities.
The problem is that you can only clear the cache by closing the browser, which bothers me because I lose my open windows. I needed a quick way to do this cleaning without closing the browser.
--disk-cache-size=0
This statement is disingenuous as it omits several key variables.Yes, I understand you.
I also have (now) only one PC.
I don't even want to use two profiles.
Also because there is nothing in this universe that has the ability to overcome me (50%) + my browser + 2 adblocks (50%).![]()
you know you can install Win 11 on older PC's wiith the BypassTPMCheck and BypassSecureBootCheck method. Google for them. In case you object to fiddling with the registry, know that you are modifying the installer's runtime registry and not your PC's registry, and the modifications disappears after install is finished. .an older PC with Windows 10
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes
Continue exploring the conversation.