Android Artemis virus ASUS ZenFone2

Jordan Roberts

Thread author
Oct 12, 2016
Hi all,

For a month or two now I have had a pop up virus on my phone that I can't seem to delete as it is supposedly located in the android download manager ( according to McAfee and AVG).

The virus ( apparently a Trojan ) causes constant pop ups of adds on my browser and can be stopped temporarily if I deactivate the download manager app and force stop the android download manager but comes back after a day or two. My issue is, of course, I cannot delete the android download manager where the virus is, because that would mean I can no longer download or update my phone!

McAfee labels the virus as:
Artermis!beaaf31a2a5e

I have factory reset my phone, cleaned caches and tried to delete fishy apps but it seems to keep coming back to this.

Hope someone can help,

Jordan

Reactions: Ink

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.