Android AVTest with only 3 AV's getting 100% Realtime Protection scores

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
I currently have a 1 year license for Dr.Web Security Space Life and so far, so good.
Dr.Web correctly detects and identifies those malwares that comes pre-installed on many Chinese smartphones (Doogee, Bluboo, etc), and none of the first three in the list, can do that (I've tried them all). The other antimalware that detects the chinese bugs is Malwarebytes. Period.
But according to this article, LG, Samsung, ZTE and Lenovo have presented malware pre installed too: Over 30 different Android smartphones and tablets have been found to have had malware preinstalled on them before users even switched them on.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
I currently have a 1 year license for Dr.Web Security Space Life and so far, so good.
Dr.Web correctly detects and identifies those malwares that comes pre-installed on many Chinese smartphones (Doogee, Bluboo, etc), and none of the first three in the list, can do that (I've tried them all). The other antimalware that detects the chinese bugs is Malwarebytes. Period.
But according to this article, LG, Samsung, ZTE and Lenovo have presented malware pre installed too: Over 30 different Android smartphones and tablets have been found to have had malware preinstalled on them before users even switched them on.

Wow that is a pricy little app!!!

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Not just Chinese products. I ordered two cheap tablets from a British manufacturer on Amazon for my grandparents that had malware pre-installed on it (found by Malwarebytes). Worst part is it's currently one of the best selling tablet on Amazon UK with a 4-star review.
The malware installed random apps on the tablets over time; you could uninstall them but the next day there'd be another. It also flipped the screen when you attempted to move an app around the homescreen to deter you from uninstalling the apps that way. It's considered a system app so unless I root their tablets (couldn't be arsed) I can't remove it, so I just disabled it.

Last edited:

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
My Bitdefender mobile security expired in February. Had time to use it. Well i'm not surprised about the results. It's an excellent app. Light, effective, tons of anti-theft settings and options, and very good support for different android browsers. If you want to buy it, don't think twice, buy it;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not surprise here, considering the scale of threats in mobile can be easily alert by numerous security companies compare on actual ones from laptops and desktops.

So of course the performance is already obvious, well I'm not using neither them cause my risk level is very low considering of just browsing in Facebook and some sites from Google searches.

Reactions: spaceoctopus

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
No to the poll.
I use Kaspersky
I prefer Avast or Emsisoft also

Any issues with Kaspersky? I found it a bit heavy and the scans to be on the slow side. Have not tried Emsisoft on Android however.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.