Battle Android cleaner

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hey there, i search a good Android cleaner that cleans temps and other things android does not need. Something like ccleaner for android.(for my gf handy) so a "1 click" app would be nice. Thanks in advance and to all have a nice day. :)

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
cleanmaster or wise fastimier would be great options :)
i will not install or touch cleanmaster in 100 years. it is so much of a bloatware that i hate is as hell. used it sometimes for me and it slowed down my phone abit. and they spyed on there users and it was sometimes not avaiable for download because of spying. for me, they are just shady and not trustworthly. I will have a look at wise, thanks. :)

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Heard about it. Some says if u want the full potential u need the pro version and that the free is verry limite. Is it true? I have no problem to pay if its worth buying.
App cleaning feature is paid. I think this means apps cache. System cleaner(thumbnails, empty folder) and corpse finder(leftovers of deleted apps) are free.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
i will not install or touch cleanmaster in 100 years. it is so much of a bloatware that i hate is as hell. used it sometimes for me and it slowed down my phone abit. and they spyed on there users and it was sometimes not avaiable for download because of spying. for me, they are just shady and not trustworthly. I will have a look at wise, thanks. :)

I completely agree. In fact this applies to all of Cheetah Mobile's apps I've tried, particularly CM Security. And as for all the ads, these alone make their products unusable imo.

I've tried quite a few of these cleaners and I don't really think they're that necessary with Android. Would your gf feel comfortable going into settings and, say, clearing the cache that way?

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
I completely agree. In fact this applies to all of Cheetah Mobile's apps I've tried, particularly CM Security. And as for all the ads, these alone make their products unusable imo.

I've tried quite a few of these cleaners and I don't really think they're that necessary with Android. Would your gf feel comfortable going into settings and, say, clearing the cache that way?
Alrdy suggest it. But it seems its just to annoying for her, dont know why. Well, she hate things with technologie that costs time :D I try avast cleaner at the moment and it have a "safe clean" button on the android page. that seems perfekt for her. Maybe i find something better but that doesnt seems bad.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I've used 60+ different cleaning apps, and typically there's not much difference in the cleaning abilities of different apps. I've only found a few which stand out.

Power Clean, and MAX Optimizer (it's called Super Speed,Clean,Security-MAX in the Play Store), both find a lot of junk to clean, and MAX Optimizer includes an antivirus.

SD Maid
, which has been mentioned already is also good. It cleans more junk if your device is rooted. I have the Pro version, and you can see the differences between the free and paid pro versions here.

Root Cleaner, is also very good. But, it's a paid apd and can only be used on rooted devices.

I've tried CCleaner, but the Android version is very unremarkable in my opinion and the apps I've mentioned above all will find more junk to clean. In my opinion it's not worth using.

If there is plenty of space free on your Android device, there's often not much point in cleanning junk. However, if it's running out of storage space, then cleaners can help improve performance and free up space. Personally, I run cleaning software regularly as there's not much free space on my device and I often don't have enough space to install new apps or app updates from the Play Store. Usually, I can free up enough space by using cleaning apps.

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I found SDMaid the best cleaner out there
I also found cleanmaster light is highly effective. However, the background RAM consumption is unacceptable. Clean -> remove immediately

those can clean a high amount of trash

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
If there is plenty of space free on your Android device, there's often not much point in cleanning junk. However, if it's running out of storage space, then cleaners can help improve performance and free up space. Personally, I run cleaning software regularly as there's not much free space on my device and I often don't have enough space to install new apps or app updates from the Play Store. Usually, I can free up enough space by using cleaning apps.
I have also used them before for that purpose although I never found any use out of them since I strayed away from the already installed OS by the vendor.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I have also used them before for that purpose although I never found any use out of them since I strayed away from the already installed OS by the vendor.
Unfortunately my Android phone (Meizu M2) does not let me move apps to my SD Card, which severely limits internal storage space. I can get around this by rooting the phone and using Link2SD, but I prefer to have my phone not rooted, because as soon as I install any OTA updates, it will become unrooted again anyway.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.