Android Galaxy malware downloaded, no app to remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

E. Simms

Thread author
Nov 20, 2014
This morning I was browsing the internet on my phone, a random ad popped up, clicked to close it and noticed my phone download something. It then showed I had an app to update. My apps are set to manual update, so I looked to inquire as to what it was. "Security Policy Updates" had not been there before and many people were posting that it was malware in the comments. I googled it and it showed up as malware "Android.hehe."

I turned my phone to airplane mode to prevent it from accessing the network and disabled my wifi, so that I could access my phone without it doing anything (I hope). Presently, it's not doing anything, but the malware can access my personal info, my incoming calls and sms and can call/text out without my knowledge.

There is no app downloaded to my phone, but when I access the app info, there is a file "Security policy updates Version SPD_v2_1406_4_1" that I cannot uninstall. At best I can force stop the file, but "turn off" is greyed out. Meanwhile, I have downloaded and run both Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mobile and Avast Mobile Security and neither have located any malware to be removed. But I see that file sitting there and want it off my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.