Android is almost impenetrable to malware

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Quartz: Contrary to what you've heard, Android is almost impenetrable to malware

7NtyVlg.png

Until now, Google hasn’t talked about malware on Android because it did not have the data or analytic platform to back its security claims. But that changed dramatically today when Google’s Android Security chief Adrian Ludwig reported data showing that less than an estimated 0.001% of app installations on Android are able to evade the system’s multi-layered defenses and cause harm to users.

Android, built on an open innovation model, has quietly resisted the locked down, total control model spawned by decades of Windows malware. Ludwig spoke today at the Virus Bulletin conference in Berlin because he has the data to dispute the claims of pervasive Android malware threats.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
That's what I thought. Only need a small, simple AV like Bitdefender Free, Dr. Web Lite, just in case all else fails.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Nice to know as i have android but also this is the most popular and targeted os between hackers.Google and other companies are also helping to improve linux kernal.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I knew this long time ago, I have Android phone for 1.5 years, and never had any problems with malware. Don't beleive what people say, Android is secure...

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The downfall is the end user.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.