Android Jelly Bean vs Apple iOS 6.Which one would you chose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Was taking a look at the new Jelly Bean update for Android and I must say I;m very impressed by it. It really seems like Google did manage to increase the speed and add some very cool new features.
What's your opinion is Jelly Bean better than iOS6 or does the latest iOS update manage to keep Apple operating system in front of it's rivals.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have an iphone 4s still on 5.1.1 jailbroken.Before that I had an HTC Evo running Android of course.I miss the Android OS.For one thing if it werent for the jaibreak I would have gotten rid of the iphone sooner.I can't really comment on iOS 6 other than the limited use I have had with it on others phones.I have checked out the new Jelly Bean update for Android on a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I will also say I was very impressed.I like the Android features and the new jelly Bean looks awesome.I am switching to the Samsung galaxy S3 at the end of this month.I prefer Android over iOS hands down.

D

Deleted member 178

i like Samsung phones already, but Apple made me fan of them. so no way i will buy an apple product. ^^

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This is a very very simple decisions to make. Android Jelly Bean, have loved the version of Android that I'm currently using at the moment and compared to the iPhone that Mum has it has to be better. Might be different though if I had to use Apple, I bet in another 6 months I would say that would be better, but at the moment I'm saving up for a Samsung Galaxy S3 :)

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean will be my choice (current phone : Samsung Galaxy S2) i have used an iPod touch with IOS 5.1( Jailbreak) and it was pretty dull w/o the jailbreak and all, Android is so much better and open and you get so many rich features and u can just experiment a lot on it :D

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Android's been looking really good starting version 4.0 and up! Cannot wait for Key Lime Pie.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
BSOD said:
Cannot wait for Key Lime Pie.
This is the official name for the 4.2 version?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Jack said:
BSOD said:
Cannot wait for Key Lime Pie.
This is the official name for the 4.2 version?

4.2 is still called Jelly Bean, has already been officially announced: http://www.gsmarena.com/android_42_is_out_google_keeps_the_jelly_bean_name-news-5016.php

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What's so good about these smartphone mobile OSes?

/a non-smartphone user :D

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Earth said:

In fact, I am using a "dumb-phone" right now. Might wait for the Nexus 4.

What's so good? It depends on what you need (and want.) Look at those specs: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Nexus-4_id7531 guess what you could do with that much!

Android is based on linux and that can lead to so many possibilities.
For example: http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:

I mostly use my smartphone for quick checkups and of course for calls. :D They may be addictive, depending on how usable it is, like screen size, responsiveness, etc. I got myself a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 for knowing that its screen is small, so I will not be using it frequently because I will be having issues with typing and that causes me frustration. :D

I use wi–fi and 3G frequently for many things, so it is nice to be connected everywhere.

There are many budget smartphones, mostly Android, but exclude iOS from the list. :p The only budget Windows Phone 7.5 device that I remember it to be available in your area is Nokia Lumia 610. But it lags sometimes and some apps like Skype are not supported due to low RAM.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:

Well my definition of that is it gives people the ability to access something that is sent to them via work or just to check Facebook and or send an email to their boss onto why they are late for work :p .

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Earth said:

Mostly it's the hardware and the software package, though in terms of hardware Android seem's to pulling further and further ahead of apple (Quad Core processor's which are being refined further and further, improved screen and radio technology), though Apple's IOS is much more refined, Android is catching up really fast with every update. In it' latest stable version Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ( Ya i know all the version's of Android have been named after Deserts :p) it's almost there where the OS is truly refined. These phone's have evolved to the point that u can use them as portable computers. It can play fully HD movies, stream, Remote Desktop, Music, Cloud Sync, etc. I personally feel with the latest hardware that's out lately it can perform better then most of the netbooks available in the market :).

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
BSOD said:
Android is based on linux and that can lead to so many possibilities.
For example: http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android

Yes,android is based on linux and u can even load Ubuntu on it, though the most awesome part about Android is it's Open Source and it falls under AOSP (Android Open Source Project) if you feel you are not satisfied with the OS you can get the source code and do whatever you feel like doing with it, if you want to add or remove any app from it or change the entire framework, that is what makes android so beautiful. I am currently am dual bootng my phone with 2 versions of Android ( Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwhich) i am trying to get Ubuntu on my phone so i can seamlessly connect my phone with my pc, though it's still doing the Job with Airdroid :p.

P.S. u can even load windows XP on it if you want to :D.

EG : MIUI Rom The entire framwork has been changed in this rom to give it a IOS like appeal and look

Cyanogen Mod Based on pure Google AOSP

Z

ZeroDay

Imho IOS is a lot more refined than Android, It's a pleasure to use.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The reason I voted iOS, is because older gen iPhones can upgrade to newer firmware without being kept waiting from your brand manufacturer or carrier. I believe the iPhone 4 and higher, a 2 year old phone will be able to upgrade to the expected iOS 7.

I couldn't read up much about Android, but correct me if I'm wrong, same with iOS info.

I do know, Android is too much like Windows;
- Too many versions and variants
- Vulnerabilities and Malware

Overall, I'm no fan of iOS nor Android, or other "mobile" OSes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.