Android Phones Break Down More Often than iPhones, Study Shows

Android or iPhone, which phone would you choose? Why?

• Android

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • iPhone

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
android-phones-break-down-more-often-than-iphones-study-shows-504032-2.jpg

Apple might be losing ground when it comes to sales when it comes to the battle between the iPhone and Android devices, but it turns out that the Cupertino-based giant is still doing one thing very well.

A recently-conducted study has shown that iPhones and iPads are extremely reliable when compared to Android devices, which crash more often because of a number of reasons.

According to the findings of the research, the failure rate of Android devices is no more no less than 44 percent, which means that almost one in two phones or tablets powered by this operating system has the chance to crash at some point in its lifetime. On the other hand, Apple’s iPhone and iPad have a failure rate of just 25 percent, so only 1 in 4 iDevices could suffer from such problems.

Blancco has also provided some stats on the phones that tend to crash the most often and it nominated Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lenovo K3 Note, Motorola Moto G 3rd generation, and Samsung Galaxy S6 Active as the top five devices here. Samsung records 43 percent of the crashes, while Motorola is second with 14 percent, followed by Lenovo with 12 percent, and Asus with 6 percent.

The biggest issues with phones appear to be camera software, touch optimizations, battery problems, dual-SIM and microphone related bugs.

It goes without saying that the Samsung Galaxy S6 has the biggest failure rate because it’s also one very popular device, so the more buyers get it, the bigger the chances to experience a crash due to the unlimited tasks that it’s thrown at. Furthermore, Samsung is currently the number one Android device manufacturer, so it’s also pretty natural to see it on the first place.

What’s more worrying, however, is that the Lenovo K3 Note, a device which has never sold in big numbers, is also in the charts, which raises some concerns regarding its reliability.

But overall, most of these crashes occur on older versions of Android, as Marshmallow has already been praised not only for its superior security, but also for improved reliability, as it works faster and crashes a lot less as compared to previous versions. Everything has been well optimized and Samsung itself has invested in making TouchWiz a more stable version.

Read more: Android Phones Break Down More Often than iPhones, Study Shows

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My mid-end Android phone freezes during video playback, loses SIM card detection and disconnects from Wi-Fi ...at least it's waterproof under the faucet. Runs Android Lollipop 5.0.x.

None of the above exists with my high-end Android tablet, the quality components and more powerful internal hardware make a big difference. Runs Android Lollipop 5.1.1.

Waiting for the Marshmallow update for both devices.

I didn't vote in the poll. :)

Reactions: Alkajak and Jack

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
It is clear that Android phones in general, are cheaper to own, takes less time to setup and etcetera. I think Google must force all OEMs to release stock android and continuous update release cycle. I use WP, so cannot comment on iphones but I occasionally use droids.

A

Alkajak

Vanilla Android > iOS > TouchWiz.

Haven't voted on the poll, but right now I would choose iOS. They are adding some great features (or according to some, they are copying ideas from Android and doing it better), it is very snappy and responsive, and it seems to have the most security. I despise my new Samsung device, and it is making me want to switch over to iPhone. If there was a decent phone with vanilla Android on it (there really isn't), I would choose that over iOS though.

Reactions: SecretKeeper

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Vanilla Android > iOS > TouchWiz.

Haven't voted on the poll, but right now I would choose iOS. They are adding some great features (or according to some, they are copying ideas from Android and doing it better), it is very snappy and responsive, and it seems to have the most security. I despise my new Samsung device, and it is making me want to switch over to iPhone. If there was a decent phone with vanilla Android on it (there really isn't), I would choose that over iOS though.
Also copied Living Images feature from WP formerly, NOKIA.

Reactions: Alkajak
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.