Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Published September 06, 2016 | Updated September 07, 2016

The Android Security Bulletin contains details of security vulnerabilities affecting Android devices. Alongside the bulletin, we have released a security update to Nexus devices through an over-the-air (OTA) update. The Nexus firmware images have also been released to the Google Developer site. Security Patch Levels of September 06, 2016 or later address these issues. Refer to the documentation to learn how to check the security patch level. Supported Nexus devices will receive a single OTA update with the September 06, 2016 security patch level.

Partners were notified about the issues described in the bulletin on August 05, 2016 or earlier. Where applicable, source code patches for these issues have been released to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository. This bulletin also includes links to patches outside of AOSP.

The most severe of these issues is a Critical security vulnerability that could enable remote code execution on an affected device through multiple methods such as email, web browsing, and MMS when processing media files.

We have had no reports of active customer exploitation or abuse of these newly reported issues. Refer to theAndroid and Google service mitigations section for details on the Android security platform protections and service protections such as SafetyNet, which improve the security of the Android platform.

We encourage all customers to accept these updates to their devices.

You can read the rest of news here Android Security Bulletin—September 2016 | Android Open Source Project

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
"We have had no reports of active customer exploitation or abuse of these newly reported issues."......

I really hope so...my last security update on my S4 was 1st November 2015:mad::mad::mad:..and I gave up hoping to get any in the future...I won't get updates but I'll get a Nexus/Pixel, that is sure...and the updates too.:)

Looking forward to seeing the results of the commission's work about tge missing security updates on devices after few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.