Status
Not open for further replies.

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
Upgrading my Windows phone, need some suggestions

There are so many Android phones on the market. Which one should I choose?

I am deciding between a Nexus 6P vs. waiting for Samsung S7 (maybe Edge). All I really want are these key features:
  • Strong CPU (and GPU), very fast
  • Good front/back camera
  • Adequate amount of storage (at least 32GB, prefer expandable)
  • Good amount of memory (at least 3GB)
  • High resolution, clear screen with vibrant colors
  • Excellent battery life (prefer fast charging)
  • Adequate screen size
  • Not bloated with extra phone features that I will probably never use
  • Worth it for the price
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • Works in the US
Still stuck between those two, but I know there are many more phones available.

Thanks for the suggestions.

A

Alkajak

Having recently converted from a Nexus 5 to a Note 4, I can say from experience that I will be staying far away from Samsung moving forward. LG and Sony seem to have the best going for them right now.

Reactions: safe1st

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
well if u want a flagship phone with nominal price point i would suggest to go with Oneplus 2
its good and worth the price...and it has all the above features u have mentioned

regards

REDBEARD1

Level 1
Mar 7, 2016
Upgrading my Windows phone, need some suggestions

There are so many Android phones on the market. Which one should I choose?

I am deciding between a Nexus 6P vs. waiting for Samsung S7 (maybe Edge). All I really want are these key features:
  • Strong CPU (and GPU), very fast
  • Good front/back camera
  • Adequate amount of storage (at least 32GB, prefer expandable)
  • Good amount of memory (at least 3GB)
  • High resolution, clear screen with vibrant colors
  • Excellent battery life (prefer fast charging)
  • Adequate screen size
  • Not bloated with extra phone features that I will probably never use
  • Worth it for the price
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • Works in the US
Still stuck between those two, but I know there are many more phones available.

Thanks for the suggestions.

JOINED GROUP AFTER YEARS OF LEARNING TO ANSWER THIS POST. LAST WEEK I QUIT VERIZON AFTER 30+ YEARS & SOLD MY S5 TO GAMESTOP. GOT A 6P ON PROJECT FI & DONT PLAN TO RETURN TO VZ.THE PHONE IS VERY FAST! AFTER YEARS OF KNOCKING MY S5, MY APPLE FRIEND EVEN LIKES IT. WE DID A SIDE BY SIDE SPEED TEST ETC. THE 6P HAS ALL CURRENT UPDATES THROUGH FEB. MY S5 WAS STILL ON 5.0. U WILL NEED NEW CABLES ETC WITH THE NEW C PORT. I MISS THE STORAGE BUT THINK A C USB STICK CAN BE FOUND. MOST OF MY PICTURES ARE ON GOOGLE DRIVE, EXT HD, OR DROPBOX. WORST THING I HAVE TO LIVE WITH IS THIS IS MY FIRST PHONE THAT I CANT REPLACE THE BATTERY MYSELF. I HAVE A JUICE PACK JUST IN CASE. ALSO GOT THE 2 YR WARR. FOR 5$ MO. MY BILL WENT FROM 76 TO 38$. WITH THAT SAVINGS, I WILL PROBABLY JUST GET A NEW NEXUS WHEN THE BATT DIES. I ALSO HAVE A NEXUS 9 TAB I USE EVERY DAY. THAT HELPED CONVINCE ME. GOOD LUCK!

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I have a samsung note 4 and i really like it. Super fast, excellent battery, big screen and a handy S-pen to make notes in the classroom. But an S7 is also very good. I personally don't see a reason to go with the edge version. Apart from the borders that look a bit more nice, it's the same phone than the regular one afaik so imo it's not worth the extra money only for that.

Reactions: safe1st

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One thing you can check is their synthetic benchmark test, and definitely the improvements of S7 can generally outnumbered to Nexus 6P.

When it comes on Camera feature, hence little difference of megapixels isn't an issue here but rather the quality can have alongside the subject you have for photography.

Bloated of features will never be prevent since its already an usual marketing strategy nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.