Cybercrime AndyOS' Cryptomining Tactics are evolving

AkiraKitsune9

Thread author
Mar 13, 2019
After hearing about Andy's Cryptomining antics that happened last year, i decided to look over it and see if it's still continuing.
They made the file an offline installer so it cannot be scanned using online scanners like Virus Total.
I scanned it with the only programs I had running in my VM, Comodo Cloud and Zemana Anti-Keylogger, it seemed clean.
after installing the program I did a run and the VM seemed a lot slower, but when I checked task manager, it didn't show any program that was hogging the VM's CPU.
I then installed Malwarebytes and found many Cryptominers hidden in the programdata folder.

if you would like me to retry and take a video, let me know (my computer is very low-end)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.