Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows 10 is coming this Summer 2015; 190 countries and 111 languages

Windows 10 will power an incredibly broad range of devices – everything from PCs, tablets, phones, Xbox One, Microsoft HoloLens and Surface Hub. Including the Internet of Things, everything from elevators to ATMs to heart rate monitors to wearables.

Introducing Windows 10 Editions by Windows Blog Team

Summarised by TWC (Windows 10 Editions) short-list:
Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Mobile
Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Enterprise
Windows 10 Education
Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise
Windows 10 IoT Core​

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
They are betting strong and also in the educational area.
With all the improvements we expect a big operating system.

Reactions: Va Ranjith

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Will we have to upgrade to Windows 10, from 8.1? I have software that will never run on windows 10, well thanks to the Government! it won't.

Reactions: Piteko21

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Much better, surely its already a standard phase for Microsoft, as we all know the Vista and 7 flavors brought so many editions especially when to much same from features except limitations where from Starter Edition, wallpaper changer is not included upon customize. (tools are always available)

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
Will we have to upgrade to Windows 10, from 8.1? I have software that will never run on windows 10, well thanks to the Government! it won't.
On windows 8.1 there is a "hidden" file that Microsoft included to make the automatic upgrade for the win10 but I think that only make the update to win10 if the User authorize/want.
...maybe a popup will appear to upgrade.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Upgrading is always optional! Ideally they should make their software compatible, or you can try to Run the Software in Compatibility Mode for the meantime. (Personally, untested on Windows 10).

Upgrade from 8.1 to 10, as quoted from links above:
"We are offering the full versions of Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 Pro as a free and easy upgrade for qualifying Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices that upgrade in the first year after launch.** Once you upgrade, you have Windows 10 for free on that device."

Reactions: Exterminator

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
No, trust me the NHS had to adjust a lot of stuff to run software on Windows 7 let alone Windows 10, if miracles exsist then it might happen.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Everything that I use on Windows 7 is compatible with Windows 10 as it is now. I would assume since I run Home Premium, it would probably upgrade me to Windows 10 Home. Personally I hate upgrading. I'd want a fresh install. I'm skeptical if my 2 OEM keys will actually be able to upgrade. Both were both used and for all I know, someone else out there is using my key. If the prices are reasonable, I might just buy a CD with a key.

Reactions: Tony Cole

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Oh, trust me NHS software is crap, they introduced Windows 7 last year and the IT dept. had to make drastic changes to Windows before a majority of the software would work.

If it does work, I to will buy a CD and do a complete install.

Reactions: OokamiCreed
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.