Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19030

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19030 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.

If you want a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring, head over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle.

Not seeing any of the features in this build? Check your Windows Insider Settings to make sure you’re on the Fast ring. Submit feedback here to let us know if things weren’t working the way you expected.

Other updates for Insiders

Cortana on Windows (Beta)–Now with more productivity!

Earlier this week, we rolled out some changes to Cortana on Windows for Insiders in the Fast ring. As part of evolving Cortana from a general digital assistant to a personal productivity assistant that helps you in the Microsoft 365 apps, we’ve made several changes that will give you a glimpse into how your assistant will help you manage tasks and time and connect with people. Read more about these changes.

General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This doesn’t mean we’re done…
  • We fixed an issue where if you started to reset your MSA pin from the sign-in screen and left it without interacting with it for some time, it would result in a black screen, requiring a reboot to recover.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in night light settings getting lost on the primary monitor when the system is connected/disconnected from a secondary monitor.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in an out of memory message when watching a long HEVC video.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps not fully filling the screen when maximized in recent builds.
Known issues

• BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
  • We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
  • We’ve heard that Settings still isn’t available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
  • Some Insiders are reporting that after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. We’re looking into the issue.
  • We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 or 38 after they’re attached.
Anniversary badges are here!

As a small way to show our appreciation for your participation in the program over the years, we’ve released new fifth anniversary badges for our active Insiders in all rings. Learn more about the criteria we used to award these badges.

You can view new badges by visiting Feedback Hub > Profile > Achievements. We would also love to see you share these new badges on social with the hashtag #WIPTurns5.

October Windows Insider Leaderboard now available

See if you topped our lists on the new October 2019 Windows Insider Leaderboard, and try to make next month’s by giving us feedback for new builds, completing quests through the Feedback Hub, and more!

Learn more about how you can be on the Leaderboard.

Thanksgiving Recipes on Bing

Thanksgiving is just around the corner for our American Insiders, and there is much to prepare. One of the most time-consuming aspects is Thanksgiving recipes, and Bing is here to help. Check out our Thanksgiving recipes feature, including total time, nutrition information, ratings, and more.

If you want to be among the first to learn about these Bing features, join our Bing Insiders Program.

Thanks,
BLB

The post Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19030 appeared first on Windows Experience Blog.

Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19030 | Windows Experience Blog

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Yeah, this is the watermark. I was so annoyed by it, I got a small program by Winaero to whack it, like half an hour after I installed the new build. Good thing that's fixed now.

watermark.PNG

Another thing is "Updates in progress" in the Settings app but shows in Updates and Recovery as up to date with a green check. It always reverts to this, even after installing an update, like a Defender def.

update in prog.PNG

Further, I'm offered what I think is an AMD graphics driver for my NVIDIA hardware in "optional updates." I actually tried it out and it actually started installing. Yikes! 🥶

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Anyone else running this build? Do you have this issue, whereby the Disk Defrag is showing your drive, specifically my m.2 SSD, with "needs optimization." If I click the Optimize box, it seems to trim it but then goes back to "needs optimization." I've tried running System Maintenance--no. Repairing Samsung driver--no. I don't want to mess with it any further. I looked at the Feedback Hub--someone has already logged the issue. Hopefully, a fix is imminent. They said they'd be bugs, they wasn't lyin'.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Further, I'm offered what I think is an AMD graphics driver for my NVIDIA hardware in "optional updates." I actually tried it out and it actually started installing. Yikes! 🥶
That's why I disable driver updates through Windows...Then I use this in safe mode and download the driver from Nvidia.

Nvidia inspector is also a great little tool for game optimisation:)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Thanks for the Nvidia Inspector tip, venustus! (y) Tech PowerUp is a great resource. I might ditch Intel XTU for the Throttlestop app, we'll see. Also, yes, it's best to disable driver updates, they're usually ancient anyway!

Thought I'd share another anomaly with Insider Build 19xxx. Big time shutdown issue, not even pressing the power button worked. Eventually it turned off, maybe after a minute. I suspected NVIDIA driver involvement cuz I removed it and the issue improved. Removed--not disabled gpu, didn't have an effect. Here is a fix to try that I got off the Feedback Hub if this happens to someone else. The long shutdown/restart can be pretty disturbing--it happened out of the blue for me and I was set to clean-install. :mad: Wasn't necessary after the fix and this build 20H1 is really good right now performance-wise. Just some minor beefs with some new interface"features" here and there, and the "needs optimization" thingummy.

NVIDIA driver is 441.28 (great driver) but there's a later one 11/26/2019: 441.41 if interested. Right now I'm having trouble loading the driver page to get it.

shutdown insider.PNG

Edit: the latest driver is now live on the NVIIDIA driver download site. Sorry, a bit off-topic but not worth a new thread.

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
An update for Insiders, bringing the above Preview build to 19033.1.

Edit: just installed this, it took 25 minutes to both d/l and install. First impression: the OS is very, very fast. The disk defrag. issue of "needs optimization" is seemingly fixed, I just ran it. No, this did return, oh well. Did have to go back and redo a lot of custom settings that this update undid, like re-enabling System Restore and Bluetooth, plus other things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.