Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonMan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
Thanks All

Nice and secure security config, nothing to add here! I would personally replace adguard with uBlock, however, that's just personal preference.
Thanks for sharing!
So far I have read that most people recommend to using uBlock. Is there any difference between this 2 AdBlocker?

Reactions: brambedkar59

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Thanks All

So far I have read that most people recommend to using uBlock. Is there any difference between this 2 AdBlocker?
I would better stay with Adguard as uBlock is more aggressive and can cause more problems with some websites.

AnonMan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
10/8/2017
Removed
- Comodo Firewall (OH GOD!!! it crash everything related to windows defender including some of its services)
- Kaspersky Free Antivirus
Add
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware (still in trial mode.... what i can say, its very light)
- Windows Firewall Control

I want to ask, is there any difference between kis and kav other than no firewall? Do the difference in absence of the modules took some hit in detection just like the free one does?

Reactions: brambedkar59

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
10/8/2017
Removed
- Comodo Firewall (OH GOD!!! it crash everything related to windows defender including some of its services)
- Kaspersky Free Antivirus
Add
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware (still in trial mode.... what i can say, its very light)
- Windows Firewall Control

I want to ask, is there any difference between kis and kav other than no firewall? Do the difference in absence of the modules took some hit in detection just like the free one does?
https://usa.kaspersky.com/home-security#compare-section
scroll down and look at the compare section
More in depth info can be found at Kaspersky Lab | Antivirus Protection & Internet Security Software for each of the different products
theres a few differences in addition to the firewall, but i dont think theres any difference in AV protection otherwise (like the AV part in both KAV/KIS/KTS is the same, just KIS involves few extra modules like firewall as you said, includes android/mac versions, safe money for banking protection, etc...and KTS has couple more features than KIS...see more details in the links i gave above)

One thing i just noticed myself...
KAV works on PCs only
KIS works on PCs, Macs, Androids
KTS works on PCs, Macs, Androids, iPhones, iPads (apparently KIS only works on Mac computers?? not iOS devices i guess... this is what i understand from this description provided...so if you have iphone/ipad you need KTS for protection? maybe look in support forums or guides to double check that)

and by default they include up to 3, 3, 5 devices respectively
You can buy subscription for more than 3 devices for KAV/KIS but if you choose KIS @ 5 devices....at that point you might as well choose KTS since its only few dollars more for a year and incl 5 devices by default IF you see any use for the password manager and file encryption/backup included in KTS....or if any of the "safe kids" things apply to you...if you use a different password manager and safe kids stuff doesnt apply and backup/encryption doesnt apply (since you use other options for that) then no point in getting KTS, can save a few bucks depending on how many devices you need to protect...

I know kaspersky password manager is sticky password that K licenses so its good
no idea how the backup/encryption feature is though

PS: kaspersky seems to always have the 50% off sale for new customers, so if you decide to buy any, get it when its 50% off or better deal ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.