Anonymous: Bored Teenagers or Real Activists ?

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Full Article: Guardian UK

Anonymous: behind the masks of the cyber insurgents
Since 2008, the internet collective have hacked the CIA, the Sun newspaper, the Church of Scientology and a host of other large corporations, sparking a global police crackdown last year. But who and what are Anonymous? A radical new form of activism – or just bored teenagers? We talk to some of the 'hacktivists' and the experts who tracked them down in the deep web

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Interesting read, thanks.

I don't think they're real activists. I think they're bullies, or if I'm feeling like a sensationalist, terrorists. I mean think about it. We don't like what you did, so we're going to (attempt to) take down parts of the internet... That's seriously childish.

I can't roll my eyes hard enough about their "activism". It's just the big kid in your early school days that liked to push other kids in mud puddles.

It's pretty eye opening that the guy in the article was reading chats of when he was in the middle of it, and even he can't figure out what he was thinking...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.