Advice Request anonymous comunications experiment

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

4LUAP

Thread author
Feb 19, 2022
Hi, I am doing a project about anonymous communications. The main idea is that I have to configure a private network in which I will try differents methods like Tor, proxychains or VPN. Like I said, all this in a private network, so I am going to be able to se all the traffic and I will have to decide the best anonymity method.
I would like to know if there are similar experiments because I couldn't find much information. I also accept ideas about how could I determine which option is the best.

Reactions: Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
So far I don't have anything else worth mentioning in mind for anonymomizing a network connection. Some VPNs have Multi-Hop servers where your traffic is routed through multiple servers in various countries which may be a bonus. After all the main use case of a VPN shouldn't be anonymity anyway...

For anonymity purposes I personally would pick TOR for sure, even tho it has some weaknesses too. Using the Tor network outside the Tor browser for day to day browsing like it is possible in Brave Browser is dangerous and should not even be considered in my opinion. An exception would be Tails OS for example, which wasn't created for day to day online activities too tho. Unencrypted traffic can be seen by a potential malicious exit node which can put your data at risk. Also, Tor browser has strict fingerprint protections which makes it so private. Just using the Tor network outside the browser doesn't make you anonymous. It's the combination of the browser settings and the Tor network.

Last edited:
  • +Reputation
Reactions: silversurfer

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.