Another Adware/Malware Sufferer

knapmann

Thread author
Mar 15, 2016
Hello All,

Im another desperate victim in need of help. My internet is all but useless! Tried all the apps in the Removal Guide with no luck. It seems to only affect Chrome and certain websites (e.g. bbc.co.uk) as all my bookmarks and viewing history is on Chrome I cant really move away from it. I have attached files as requested :)

Many thanks in advance!

Neil

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    51.6 KB · Views: 5
  • FRST.txt
    74.3 KB · Views: 5

knapmann

Thread author
Mar 15, 2016
Wow that seems to have fixed it! I'm surprised it was that simple! Is it because of the work the above programs had already done?

In any case thank you very much for your fabulous and generous efforts, you guys are like Malware superheroes, fixing problems for us regular folk.

I will be donating right now. ;)

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013

Yes, it looks like a simple fix, but I am not yet 100% sure that it is fixed. Let's wait a few days and if something happens, let me know.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.