Expired Ant Download Manager - free till 30 September 2017

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
this is for those who are new to ant. i have been using ant-pro for a while now, to be precise since version 1.5 & i have no complaints.

i got malwarebytes, trend micro & zemana on my machines & neither ant not any process of ant has ever been flagged by any of them.

be rest assured ant is squeaky clean :

Antivirus scan for 4671559b8226db23808f7162f1eceb821bab698e391f90a32ed0a08977bdb6ec at 2017-09-13 22:40:34 UTC - VirusTotal

i completely support paid / premium versions of software as that is what the company / developer needs to keep the project alive.

Reactions: tonibalas

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I don't usually use these but this one got my attention, so I installed it, and got reminded
why I don't use software like this:
View attachment 167391
And that's where it will stay ;)
** My EmsiSoft snatched it up within 30sec of install.

It's a false positive. Download managers monitor video sites to capture the download, and so is detected by certain antiviruses by their behavioural blocker.

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I've tried previous giveaway versions of Ant Download Manager. The main issue for me that I ran into was the browser extension. I use Opera 64 Bit browser, the instructions tell you how to install the extension for Opera "Download Chrome Extension" which lets you install and use Chrome extensions in Opera, then it tells you to go into the folder and location of the Ant Download Manager and drag and drop the Chrome browser extension over to opera to install it into Opera.

The issue I ran into was trying it in the past the browser extension for Opera will install and not work, or gives you an error if you are using Opera 64 Bit browser. I installed Opera 32 Bit browser version last time I tried Ant Download Manager to test the software and everything worked fine with the 32 Bit Opera and browser extension.

So unless something has changed, the last time I tried Ant Download Manager the browser extension would not work with Opera 64 bit browser using the instructions on how to install the Ant Download Manager extension, only Opera 32 Bit browser.

I can't say for sure, it could be a limitation of the "Download Chrome Extension" plugin for Opera or it could be that there is only 32 bit browser plugin support for Opera or Chrome clones using Ant Download Manager. I dunno.

I don't use Chrome, but I thought I would mention why it wouldn't work with my browser in case someone else runs into this issue and find that their 64 bit Opera or Chrome Clone browser wont work with the Ant Download Manager browser extension.

It seemed to download very fast the last time I tried it. In the end trying a previous version giveaway I decided I just didn't need it.

It would be interesting to hear from others here using different browsers 64/32 bit to see if they could get the Ant Download Browser extension to work with their browsers?

Reactions: hamo and ispx

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
@Serious Noize,

you are right at what you have stated about ant & opera be it opera 32 / 64. ant works best with firefox & internet explorer.

The problem with Internet Explorer is it's an old browser and there are security concerns because it is no longer supported by microsoft.

Keep in mind using any extension or installing anything to your PC you never know what that enthralls where permissions go and their usage when you click OKAY or AGREE to ANYTHING.

Personally, your better off without using any of them, you DO NOT NEED A DOWNLOAD MANAGER : BE YOUR OWN and let your browser do the work.

As for the reviews of Eagle Get, I tried that and found that it seemed to constantly be tied to my CLIPBOARD regardless of being turned off and changing settings or not in the processes on my PC.

I use Zemana Antimalware. So my point is, it might be okay and safe, but I would suspect and have to think that the best hackers/virus writers hide right in front of you. You don't have to infect a PC to get information is the point I making, I suspect all one would have to do is make something appear SAFE and collect information and appear safe until that information become useful.

Not saying EAGLE GET is anything like that at all and IT IS JUST MY OPINION!! I am simply saying : "It is something you should always keep a watchful eye on".

I give Eagle get a try, my review is above. I decided to reinstall my PC from Image backup because I could see a pause using it on everything, it was almost like I was being photographed using my PC honestly. JUST MY OPINION! And yes I do know about SETTING IT UP, the PROBLEM IS I HAD IT TURNED OFF and noticed this stuff.

Whatever the case. These are my thoughts and OPINIONS on such things, so take them as you will. I think it's better to have NO DOWNLOAD MANAGER.

There is no MAGIC FIX to speed things ups honestly, snake OIL. JMO!!!

Good day!

Reactions: HarborFront

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The problem with Internet Explorer is it's an old browser and there are security concerns because it is no longer supported by microsoft.

Keep in mind using any extension or installing anything to your PC you never know what that enthralls where permissions go and their usage when you click OKAY or AGREE to ANYTHING.

Personally, your better off without using any of them, you DO NOT NEED A DOWNLOAD MANAGER : BE YOUR OWN and let your browser do the work.

As for the reviews of Eagle Get, I tried that and found that it seemed to constantly be tied to my CLIPBOARD regardless of being turned off and changing settings or not in the processes on my PC.

I use Zemana Antimalware. So my point is, it might be okay and safe, but I would suspect and have to think that the best hackers/virus writers hide right in front of you. You don't have to infect a PC to get information is the point I making, I suspect all one would have to do is make something appear SAFE and collect information and appear safe until that information become useful.

Not saying EAGLE GET is anything like that at all and IT IS JUST MY OPINION!! I am simply saying : "It is something you should always keep a watchful eye on".

I give Eagle get a try, my review is above. I decided to reinstall my PC from Image backup because I could see a pause using it on everything, it was almost like I was being photographed using my PC honestly. JUST MY OPINION! And yes I do know about SETTING IT UP, the PROBLEM IS I HAD IT TURNED OFF and noticed this stuff.

Whatever the case. These are my thoughts and OPINIONS on such things, so take them as you will. I think it's better to have NO DOWNLOAD MANAGER.

There is no MAGIC FIX to speed things ups honestly, snake OIL. JMO!!!

Good day!
Hi

Giving permission to software/extension is uncontrollable as they need to phone home to check for version/definition updates......unless you don't use the software/extension. And in the process your privacy data will be send to them as well....also uncontrollable here. Even MS OS, antivirus software, Nvidia GPU, router, FB, WhatsApp etc does that.

Alternatively, you can block the software/extension from phoning home but you'll need to download the new version/definitions manually and update yourself. Very troublesome and tedious if you have many software/extensions installed.

I'm using EagleGet running Chrome browser. So how can I check this?

Could this be due to compatibility issue between EagleGet and some of your software?

Thanof

Last edited:
Reactions: ispx

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
@HarborFront, Honestly, you don't need a download manager. If it bothers you remove it or uninstall it.

As for Eagle Get, compatibility problem are an issue I suspect when it comes to every PC on the planet. Especially when it comes to recording/downloading etc.... Video, I mean everyone has different video cards or built in settings these days.

As for my opinions of Eagle Get, My opinion based on giving it a try : "I wont be using it".

There is no MAGIC fix for speeding up your service provider, perhaps Ant Download Manager uses some type of coding to bypass those limits. I have no idea how if so.

By my opinion stands, it's better to just wait on your download rather than having a third party MONITOR software possibly keeping tabs on what you do while downloading or possibly afterwards.

Just my opinions here....

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Hi

Giving permission to software/extension is uncontrollable as they need to phone home to check for version/definition updates......unless you don't use the software/extension. And in the process your privacy data will be send to them as well....also uncontrollable here. Even MS OS, antivirus software, Nvidia GPU, router, FB, WhatsApp etc does that.

It all depends on the software you are using, security software needs updates. If it's a giveaway software WITH NO UPDATES allowed for future updates then turn off updates or don't update.

And no : SOFTWARE DOES NOT ALWAYS NEED TO PHONE HOME. Privacy is a personal choice, your location might be known, your machine ID might get known but the rest is all up to what you offer.

Just my opinion....

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
It all depends on the software you are using, security software needs updates. If it's a giveaway software WITH NO UPDATES allowed for future updates then turn off updates or don't update.

And no : SOFTWARE DOES NOT ALWAYS NEED TO PHONE HOME. Privacy is a personal choice, your location might be known, your machine ID might get known but the rest is all up to what you offer.

Just my opinion....
I don't find a software that has no update for a year as useful because there are always bugs and security vulnerabilities to patch up.

Yes, provided you have an opt-out option in the software in not sending your personal info to the company. Otherwise almost all the time you'll need to accept the TOC as spelt out in the use of the software.

Reactions: ispx

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
The problem with Internet Explorer is it's an old browser and there are security concerns because it is no longer supported by microsoft

please stop posting false information on MT. the last stable build of internet explorer was released only a month back.

I think it's better to have NO DOWNLOAD MANAGER

i do not see anyone forcing you to use one.

@HarborFront, Honestly, you don't need a download manager. If it bothers you remove it or uninstall it

to be honest you seem to be the one who is way more bothered & not HF :ROFLMAO:

SOFTWARE DOES NOT ALWAYS NEED TO PHONE HOME

if you are worried about software phoning home you should stop using windows 10 right away.

off topic : please stop typing in capitals it is considered yelling & that is being rude towards other community members.

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
please stop posting false information on MT. the last stable build of internet explorer was released only a month back.

i do not see anyone forcing you to use one.

to be honest you seem to be the one who is way more bothered & not HF :ROFLMAO:

if you are worried about software phoning home you should stop using windows 10 right away.

off topic : please stop typing in capitals it is considered yelling & that is being rude towards other community members.

First off, These are MY OPINIONS on the software. If you don't like them then don't read them. And secondly I only used capitals to emphasis the subject of my reply.

It's just my opinion as I have stated over and over. NOT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS FALSE INFORMATION by insinuating that I am a LIAR saying I am giving FALSE information.

I'm not doing that at all. I am simply giving my opinion and review here so that others can take it for what it's worth.

And as for ME being bothered, I am bothered by nothing, I am simply stating my opinion on the software, apparently you are bothered by someone else having a difference of opinion.
Sorry if I upset you or your day, that was never my intention, all I did was state my opinion of the software. I wish you well and everyone their journey! God Bless!

Have a nice day!

Cheers.....

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.