Not open for further replies.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I don't recommend ReHIPS because it is still in beta. I suggest you to try AppGuard or NVT EXE Radar PRO (both paid). If you want a free anti-exe there's VoodooShield.
Hum OK, and which is the easiest for a basic user ?

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Hum OK, and which is the easiest for a basic user ?
NVT EXE Radar PRO is the easiest to use IMO but it might be confusing to some basic users.

Last edited:

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hi Duotone,
What is ReHIPS, a firewall ?

Off topic:
Its HIPS+Sandbox, it can also be use to as anti-exe when set to Expert Mode(Locked-Down ticked). Its currently on Beta you can go to there site ReCrypt forum - Index register and ask for a link to DL the software. You can also try Appguard its a much stronger addition for your config.

As for firewall I only uses TinyWall as I only need outbound WinFW control:D

Back to topic: choose 2nd option EIS+HMP.A+MBAM(Free, 2nd scanner).

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Taking the user's experience level into consideration needs to take a front seat over winning the "pick me pick me" battle.
JB007 VooDooShield free would be more in tune with your needs and skill level. PeAcE
VoodooShield™ - The User-Friendly Toggling Computer Lock.
Allow the page to load and scroll to the bottom and select the 2.85 free version on the left.
If you need ant help with the config feel free to message me.
Thanks CyberGhosT,
I read the explanation on VoodooShield site and I understand that this product only use whitelist.
How can it improve my security config ?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I read the explanation on VoodooShield site and I understand that this product only use whitelist.
How can it improve my security config ? END
It does not rely on sig's
@JB007
It's in a class we call "Anti exe" or Anti Executable
It's as simple as this, anything not present on your PC at the time of install
will be blocked from running, be it virus, malware, or ransomware.
Its small and effective.
I suggested it for you because the free version requires no setup interaction from you, it is preconfigured for best performance right from install.
Ultimately like others are saying, the call is yours. Go with what you feel
compliments your needs and skill level, and as of now you have a multitude of options.
PeAcE and good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.