Anti Malware software recommendation

SpectacularTheDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting and what brought me here is my need for advice.
I have not had any infection for a long time and I'm using Kaspersky alongside Malwarebytes.

My Malwarebytes licenses were purchased through Amazon UK a couple of years ago and they were lifetime licenses. Yesterday I formatted my PC just to clean up older stuff and now the license no longer works. I've contacted Malwarebytes to see if they can help with the issue, but I'm starting to suspect they may say since I didn't buy it from them, they can't help. I tried the new Malwarebytes 3.0 when this issue happened and after that I uninstalled it and got the old 2.2.1 version, but with the same results...

In case I've lost my licenses I'll be looking into purchasing new ones and was wondering which Anti Malware software does the community here recommend. I've read somewhere here already people saying Malwarebytes is over-hyped nowadays. I'd prefer to get something I'd only have to pay once and not get a yearly subscription, but I feel I won't get much luck there.

Thank you for any possible help!

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Zemana is a good one to get. You usually get a 1 year subscriptions but sometimes they are lifetime license promotions. If you give me a bit of time I have managed to store some Zemana keys from many giveaway sites. (None of them are from here, that would obviously be breaking MT's rules. :p

SpectacularTheDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2017
Zemana is a good one to get. You usually get a 1 year subscriptions but sometimes they are lifetime license promotions. If you give me a bit of time I have managed to store some Zemana keys from many giveaway sites. (None of them are from here, that would obviously be breaking MT's rules. :p

I've used them before, but just the free version and it was for anti keylogging.
I'll have to check them out for anti malware.
Don't worry, don't break the forum rules ;)

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello,I use Bitdefender Total Security and Malwarebytes,but they are both paid once a year.
Maybe it is just me but I do not feel safe without those two,and if I had to replace Bitdefender it would be with Kaspersky.:)

W

Wave

Sometimes Malwarebytes catches stuff that Kaspersky doesn't and vice versa. That's why I'd still like to have Kaspersky and an anti malware program at the same time.
Pretty sure that's mainly just marketing, Kaspersky are one of the most leading vendors in the entire security industry and I can assure you that they can do a better job now than Malwarebytes probably ever will. :D

Sure, Anti-Malware is supposed to be compatible alongside AV software and help catch zero-day threats which they might miss, but how often does this really end up being the case? I rarely find malicious samples which Malwarebytes detect whereas Kaspersky do not, and that being said, Kapsersky have a much more sophisticated zero-day behavioral protection system in place than MBAM (e.g. Application Control, the cloud integration, etc.).

Honestly I would just drop MBAM and just stick to using Kaspersky, and add Emsisoft Emergency Kit or HitmanPro (or even both) as on-demand scanners (since I think the MBAM scan is too slow), but that's just my preference.

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Do you have another license key (not zemana)? ;)
I also store zemana from other site :p

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.