Advice Request Anti-Ransom - German Project...

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glashouse

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
Hi MT-Members,

did anyone come over this program in the past? I have not tried it and could not find anything using the search function.

Home - Anti-Ransom

Anti-Ransom
German software to protect
from ransomware and crypto-trojans

Crypto-trojans such as Locky are raging in Germany: over 5,000 infections per hour. The new software application Anti-Ransom prevents the implementation of files infected with ransomware right from the start. This is an essential advantage over virus scanners, which depend on updates to the virus signatures. A virus cannot spread on the computer or the network nor encrypt files. This software solution is available as a free version for PCs, as well as a business version for servers and complete networks.

Highlights
  • Free Version
  • Protects immediately: blocks the implementation of ransomware
  • Always current: needs no virus signature updates or similar
  • Log file shows attempted file implemenations
  • Whitelist and blacklist functionality
  • For Windows operating systems
Expands Your Virus Protection
  • Highest possible protection from ransomware
  • Needs no virus definition files – always current!
  • Compatible with existing virus protection
  • Ligtweight Setup: doesen't eat up resources

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Seems to vaccine the system by Windows Registry settings (according to their website, kinda Default-Deny application). Never heard of that software.
The vid demonstration on their website is far from professional. It only shows a typical infection, and then a error message when a payload is triggered with Anti-Ransom installed.
Maybe some of our YouTubers could give us a vid review on it?

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
It adds Software Restriction Policies (all files including administrator), so it is comparable with Simple Software restriction Policies.

You need to add default folders and then you are good to go. Only pitty is that it does not defend against all file extensions. I have mailed them to ask whether they could extend that.

With a few changes it could be the easiest to use Software Policy (default deny) program around.

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
Hacking Alert - German Police to Bypass Encryption by Hacking Devices
German Police Create a New Version of Bundestrojaner (Federal Trojan)

i think i would stay away from anything german security related lol
but yes, looks to be adding default deny type software restriction policies (white list & black list)
sounds like you can edit/change rules to allow certain programs to run also
according to google translate:

The function of ANTI RANSOM
After activating ANTI RANSOM, settings are made in the registry via standardized Microsoft functions. All file executions on the PC, which are not based on regularly installed programs, are then prevented. However, according to a security question, ANTI RANSOM offers the possibility to start alternative programs or to release them permanently. Since in the case of Ransomware the actual malicious software is temporarily loaded in most cases, the execution can thus be prevented and a damage avoided.

General information
Anti-Ransom does not replace a normal virus scanner and no firewall. Anti-Ransom is only an extension for existing anti-virus products and used firewalls to increase the protection once again.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
i think i would stay away from anything german security related lol

That "lol" is well placed. Due to historic reasons, our government is under constant scrutiny. Neither businesses nor individuals blindly follow our leaders and speak out whenever something funny comes up. There are also strong laws when it comes to the security of personal data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.