Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Translated by Google Translate (About Page)

About Us Anti-Virus
Shade antivirus software is designed by Arman Nayeri. Nayeri goal of researchers in the field of computer security that has a long history of viruses and computer security programs. Since he was 82 he started working in the field of computer security. During this time he conducted research on a variety of security software and discovered several security holes in software were known, then 84 years in the field of virology and the design of security plans to be active. After 2 years he successfully developed new methods to detect viruses and it was demonstrated in a program called Nyvava. The only software that was designed for professional users. In his 86 years with the aim of integrating new methods and Shade project also began manufacturing products for all users. His anti-virus Shyd new methods for accelerating and flexible anti-virus was developed.

This AV was using two engines from ESET and Avira, also take note that it was came from Iran

hxxp://www.sheedantivirus.com/ (link edited due to the controversy surrounding this product)

D

Deleted member 178

eset and avira? seems powerful but what engine versions of them?

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hmm..... I'm trying to find that information but I cannot see what engine version they used. Surely the latest version as possible.

By the way, XP/Vista/7 32 bit only were compatible.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Trend Micro detected this as dangerous.

1198jtu.jpg

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
Not officially licensed according to an Avira Staff Member: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1928303&postcount=10

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I was reading that thread yesterday and it was not properly licensed. So probably also for ESET the engine was not also properly licensed.

V

Vextor

Hmmm, I wonder it anyone will take the courage to go and see if it is a security risk.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not sure if the installer was pure Persian or bundled with English caused from the screenshots on this AV it was Persian. For my opinion its look like a legit program and I cannot tell of those AV that flagged the website are FP or not.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
According also to some post in Wilders, ESET blocked the website and Avira detected as TR.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
But how did they manage to get their hands on the Avira and ESET AV engine??

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
According to a post over at Wilders its not even the latest engine its an older one (atleast of Aviras). Its downloading the Avira VDF files but according to the Avira Staff member they are useless without the latest engine.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
It looks "shady" to me :p. BTW, I've edited the links in the first post since US and EU have strong copyright laws, however in Iran the law might be different and as far as I can see they only sell this product in Iran.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i'll never using antivirus or internet security with 2 engines. it's make more ram usage.
and ,bad just for compatible 32bit machine.
and trend micro block it because the web not have popularity.

D

Deleted member 178

who will try an iranian newly and unknown AV honestly...only iranian maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.