WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I use Avast. With that configuration Comodo and Avira will do fine. For lower spec like that, I don't install an AV, I just use Threatfire

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Avira Free without web protection is the lightest that I have tried, runs excellent on my old XP 128MB of RAM, Intel Celeron single core processor 1.2Mhz. This system would hardly even boot using most other AV's.

Enjoy!! :D

D

Deleted member 21043

If it helps, avast! seems to be working perfectly, and is fairly light on my system. Haven't felt any System slowdown and It's been up and running with all shields fine. Within a day of Emsisoft IS, I noticed a huge system slowdown so well done to avast! there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.