Solved Antivirus updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acenyc

Thread author
Jun 30, 2012
I have Sophos & Hitman pro in my tool kit. How do Sophos & Hitman pro update themselves? Do they update when I run them?

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Acenyc said:
I have Sophos & Hitman pro in my tool kit. How do Sophos & Hitman pro update themselves? Do they update when I run them?

Hitman Pro updates when you run it. I didn't think Sophos had an on demand scanner.

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

I know there has been attempts to make Sophos portable for portableapps but I don't think it was ever been done.

The only two possible Sophos the OP can be referring to is either Sophos Rootkit Removal (which is not listen on the free tools under their official website) or Sophos Virus Removal Tool.

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

Acenyc said:
So do I have to download a new version of Sophos evrytime I want to run?

What is the full name of the sophos program you have in your toolkit?

Upvote 0

Acenyc

Thread author
Jun 30, 2012
Biozfear said:
Acenyc said:
So do I have to download a new version of Sophos evrytime I want to run?

What is the full name of the sophos program you have in your toolkit?
Product version: 2.1
Detection engine: 3.34.0
Detection data: 4.80
Virus data date: 8/6/2012
Data files added: 195

Upvote 0

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Biozfear asked what the name of the Sophos product you had (I.e. Sophos Rootkit Removal, Sophos Virus Removal Tool) not what the product versions were.

Upvote 0

Acenyc

Thread author
Jun 30, 2012
Malware Maniac said:
Biozfear asked what the name of the Sophos product you had (I.e. Sophos Rootkit Removal, Sophos Virus Removal Tool) not what the product versions were.

Sorry about that. I have Sophos Virus Removal Tool. I'm learning a littler more about malware and it's removal every day. I've successfully removed 3 more test infections and today I had to remove Live Security Platinum from one of the machines at work. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to do it.

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

Sophos Virus Removal Tool does not contain an auto-update feature as yet.

They have improved their scan speed and capabilities, but as far as I am aware, next update should incorporate the auto-update feature.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.