Antivirus with low memory usage for my pc (1GB)

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Which free antivirus do you recommend to my pc that doesnt slow down pc, uses low memory usage.
I have doubt about uninstalling Avast, should i uninstall it and install another antivirus, or not.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
ESET NOD32 will be the best for you as it Ram Usage does not exceed 100MB & it is really very light on system resources.
I have used ESET on 512MB PC & works awesome no slowdown.

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Well i have license for ESET but it's used already. I want free antivirus with good detection,and my memory usage with Avast is sometimes 30%, and sometimes 49%.

R

RevolutionSphere

Thread author
Yup, Avast only uses 37mb of ram for me and does its job fine.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Lightest: Webroot SecureAnywhere
Lighter: ESET
Light: Avast!

Better stay with Avast! if you don't want to spend money.
But, always grab the opportunity to join giveaways especially for ESET, so that you can have another license. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.