Advice Request Any real-time software that uses non-traditional ways to find malware?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
You have used 5+ accounts.

As you have noted, your "evidence" is not from Microsoft, even though you have insisted on multiple occasions that permanently disabling vulnerable processes is included in Microsoft's recommended best practices. Find evidence where Microsoft recommends disabling vital parts of their OS, and please post links instead of screenshots so I do not have to spend 5 minutes looking them up.

First of all, it is a very bad idea simply because Tickle was experiencing a block over and over and over again, so he probably believed his system was infected, as would any user. Blocking macros is certainly a great idea because it is not going to break anything, but permanently blocking ANY part of a driver update is not because there is not a chance that the driver will work 100% as the vendor intended... if you do, something is not going to function correctly as the vendor intended. In this case, even Intel probably cannot determine what all this block might break without a close examination.

AG and other similar products can be tailored to block or allow whatever you want, so really it is a non-issue. If you want to lock everything down to potentially make your system more secure, but take a risk of blocking items that should not be blocked, then by all means please do.

I did not send him on a wild goose chase... my first response was correct.

The Norton and Emsisoft blocks were false positives, not intentional blocks. It happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simba1234

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.