Deleted Member 3a5v73x

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
By the way if you want to block ads in youtube app or Facebook app you can't because Facebook put their sponsored posts into the same code that displays status updates so if you try and hide the ads, you hide your friends posts too or youtube for example used to load other useful staff in same servers like they use for ad's.

But for iOS you can use ProTube app (alternative to youtube without ad's)
For Android you can use TubeMate.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
The title says it all.
I really need an adblocker for my phone, I go to allot of sites that use ads which probably contain malware.
Any trusted mobile adblocker?

-thanks!

Hi,

Here are two more besides Blokada which I have also.

DNS 66 can be downloaded from several reliable safe places. XDA , F-Droid are linked here:
dns66/README.md at master · julian-klode/dns66 · GitHub
This is the most comprehensive, free adblocker that respects privacy.

Here is very good, simple one click adblocker I've used for over a year now. Also free, open source too.
Block This - Open Source Ad Blocker for Android. Free Download. (server down for website right now) but description here:
block-this/README.md at master · ggsava/block-this · GitHub

My app is running through, which runs on a different server, so he might be doing work on the forum, issue unknown.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
I was searching for a program like this long ago with no luck.
It works perfect. It is even blocking the yahoo mail inbox ads!
You are a life (and money) saver
Many Thanks...:)

Hi,
You might takes look at "dns66" which I linked in my reply above. Blokada is good, and I found it some time ago, but dns66 is very comprehensive, also free open source. Actually I have four different blockers I've experimented with.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.