Serious Discussion Any updated guide on how to become less googable?

cartaphilus

Level 5
Thread author
Mar 17, 2023
There used to be a guide that showed all the ways you are being tracked and all the core websites that own other sites like peoplefinder, Whitepages etc and methods to remove yourself. That guide is now about 6 years old or in internet time that's basically 1523.

So does anyone knows of any updated guide on how to become less googable regarding your past addresses, etc

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Nevi

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Once on the internet, always on the internet. aside from archives, even original webpages do not respect privacy rights, I removed all content from reddit and they restored it.
If you want to abandon a webpage, instead of removing info, change it to something else like John Smiss living at Baker Street 222, London, so google will index it instead.
I have separated my real name from the username so they can not be linked, easily, still 2-3 searches remain. I keep the real name only for social media, official business.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.