Anybody tried 360 Premium with firewall and driver updater?

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Anupam are you referring to the Premium version of 360 Total Security or a completely different version of 360? Haven't tried premium for 360 TS and not aware of a new version of 360. I found this link, which I think is what you mean:

Premium | Best Privacy Protection | 360 Total Security

If the firewall is glasswire, you will get access to the free version of glasswire in the free version of 360 TS. Otherwise, I can't say where they are going with the premium, but with the sandbox, document protector, and ransomware decryption tools all in the free (and others), not sure how much better premium could be. That said, the engineers at Qihoo seem pretty clever, so I wouldn't count them out of adding a few very nice tricks to the premium version.

Honestly, I am just happy they are making progress. The program is good, and a Chinese security program is good in the big picture, even if its primary user base is in the far east. Hope Qihoo can continue to grow while managing to keep their free product effective and updated, etc. I don't mind them making money for sure...

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Anupam are you referring to the Premium version of 360 Total Security or a completely different version of 360? Haven't tried premium for 360 TS and not aware of a new version of 360. I found this link, which I think is what you mean:

Premium | Best Privacy Protection | 360 Total Security

If the firewall is glasswire, you will get access to the free version of glasswire in the free version of 360 TS. Otherwise, I can't say where they are going with the premium, but with the sandbox, document protector, and ransomware decryption tools all in the free (and others), not sure how much better premium could be. That said, the engineers at Qihoo seem pretty clever, so I wouldn't count them out of adding a few very nice tricks to the premium version.

Honestly, I am just happy they are making progress. The program is good, and a Chinese security program is good in the big picture, even if its primary user base is in the far east. Hope Qihoo can continue to grow while managing to keep their free product effective and updated, etc. I don't mind them making money for sure...

Not sure whether they have added firewall or they are just providing Glasswire.

upload_2017-12-13_22-40-20.png

I got this notification saying new firewall and driver updater updated.
upload_2017-12-13_22-40-20.png

D

Deleted member 65228

Not sure whether they have added firewall or they are just providing Glasswire.
Considering they are saying the Firewall is New, I'd assume this means it is their own. They offer a 30-day money back guarantee so if it isn't the case and you upgrade with wanting their firewall in mind, you could exchange the license back for your money.

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Considering they are saying the Firewall is New, I'd assume this means it is their own. They offer a 30-day money back guarantee so if it isn't the case and you upgrade with wanting their firewall in mind, you could exchange the license back for your money.

I will never invest money in something which I am not sure of . I will wait for someone's review. Don't know why they are not providing any trials like others.

D

Deleted member 65228

I will never invest money in something which I am not sure of . I will wait for someone's review. Don't know why they are not providing any trials like others.
I completely agree with you, I wouldn't either. Maybe they aren't providing a trial because they already have a free version of their product but I neither would purchase security without being able to test it all out beforehand.

If I am honest, the Premium version looks like bloat-ware to my eye.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
If I am honest, the Premium version looks like bloat-ware to my eye.
+1

@Anupam
As for a free trial, you may want to refer to this here:
Q&A - Feature Request: Qihoo 360 Total Security - Free Trial for Premium Membership?

Earn the medals (install Q360 TS, Opera and create and login to your account) and it will grant you with a free 1 month Premium Membership (free account required).

I did only one or two tests with the Premium version. The firewall is indeed their own, but I did not see any alerts when executing malware, it did rather look like a monitor (same as Glasswire Free).

@Anupam what about giving it an extended try and then share your thoughts?
I'm quite busy currently.

Off Thread:
Personally, I wouldn't yet invest 19,99€ (1y/3m, discount for longer subscription) into a soft, which is more shiny than up to the big players protection wise.
https://malwaretips.com/threads/super-pack-32-08-12-2017.77936/#post-695777
Maybe they fix (or have already fixed, I've seen there's a new version) the issues I reported their "Security Response Center".
Update - What I found about Q360
1.PNG 2.PNG

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
This is the link to the web page of the Chinese version of the driver updater. The driver updater included with 360 is the same, but in English.

Reactions: AtlBo

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
@Anupam what about giving it an extended try and then share your thoughts?
I'm quite busy currently.

Well I won't trust my own testing. I am kind of user who does not nee much security and encounter attack only when some of my stupid friends hands me their pen drives to provide something :p.

I was a fan of 360 Antivirus 2-3 years back but then I tried Emsisoft :D. And rest of the things are story.

One of my friends asked me to install a free antivirus in his system ( other than Avast - he had DNS resolve problem with avast earlier ). I was trying 360 there and saw the premium pop-ups. Got curious .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.