Anyone here ever been, or currently using comodo firewall on a 64bit system?

comodo on a 64bit system protect system as well or not?

• protect system as well

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • not protect system as well

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
anyone here ever been, or currently using comodo firewall on a 64bit system? if ever there was an error or not protected as a maximum? I just make sure, because I never use comodo firewall on a 64bit system.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, Comodo Firewall supports Windows 64-bit.
http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/free-download.html

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
It's compatible but I've seen in the Comodo forums that Comodo Firewall and CIS doesn't protect 64-bit systems as well as 32-bit. Maybe it's because of the Kernel Patch protection that prevents Defense+ and the Sandbox from working as good as it can do in a 32-bit system.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
@storm: yep storm i know it..

@boxx: i know it, that's why, i ask here about it
maybe some members ever tried comodo firewall on 64bit system

i thought want combine avast 6 free with it, but i have other alternative is using OA free, but i heard about OA, making little slow on system

D

Deleted member 178

I used Comodo FW then CIS since i had w7 x64, (i never heard it was weaker on x64 system) and i never got a single virus; even when i went to websites and used softwares i shouldn't ;) so Win7 you can use it peacefully, it is for me the best FW ever (if correctly set), i like to try many AV but never other FW.

and everybody know here how i am paranoid hehe

I

illumination

I am running a 64bit system right now, that has had CIS on it, not once did i get an infection, or not feel protected. As a matter of fact, not only did it not get an infection, but compared to other Suites I have tried, CIS was extremely light, stable, and fast on my 64bit system! I had no errors, was a smooth install, everything worked like clock-work. I should mention also, that my laptop, well, it is a single core processor, that just doesnt have a whole lot of get up n go.. Running CIS on it, made it very responsive compared to some of the other Suites I have tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.