Anyone missed when VT was the one of core mechanic in voodooshield

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
VT is allow-by-default, and was never the core mechanic of VoodooShield.

Allow-by-default services such as VT do not work well with deny-by-default services, as they are diametrically opposed.

minhgi

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
I mostly used Cyberlock on autopilot and back then when it was called Voodooshield. Having virustotal integrate as another measuring point and validating a file (good / bad) like an antivirus. But there is a reason you must remove it bc Voodoo AI improved performance and vision shift.

Just having VT as an option for users to use wouldn't be bad and could be turned on as an advanced option. Don't worry since Cyberlock is great as it and this was just a wishful thing.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I mostly used Cyberlock on autopilot and back then when it was called Voodooshield. Having virustotal integrate as another measuring point and validating a file (good / bad) like an antivirus. But there is a reason you must remove it bc Voodoo AI improved performance and vision shift.

Just having VT as an option for users to use wouldn't be bad and could be turned on as an advanced option. Don't worry since Cyberlock is great as it and this was just a wishful thing.
Thank you, I appreciate that! There still is a "Get Second Opinion" link in the prompt that links to VT. Sure, the results open in the web browser, but in a way it is actually better because you can see all of the results, and it is inherently more secure.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.