Advice Request AOMEI MultCloud

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Hopefully I am posting this in the right area....

Has anyone used AOMEI's MultCloud? AOMEI advertises the product on their website:

MultCloud - Manage All Cloud Storage Drives with One Account

However, if you click on 'learn more' they have an entire other website dedicated to more information that can be found here: Manage multiple cloud drives, copy, move, transfer and sync files across cloud storage services

I found this to be a very interesting tool! I see that AOMEI MultCloud offers the following to end-users:

upload_2018-3-10_10-1-45.png

upload_2018-3-10_10-8-12.png

upload_2018-3-10_10-8-32.png

I'm interested in learning more. AOMEI makes some solid free and paid for programs that are amazing. If anyone has used this or is currently using MultCloud please let me know!

Additional information:

The Best Cloud Storage Manager for Transferring and Syncing Data - MultCloud
Cloud File Transfer Free Tool - MultCloud
How to Sync Your Cloud Drive, Cloud Service, Cloud Storage
Transfer data across clouds
Sync data between cloud drives
Cloud explorer for multi-clouds

I'm a little weary of the fact that everything runs with their servers and what not. I would like to note that I don't have an issue manually transferring everything, but this could be a game changer service free of charge. I don't have a ton of information. However, I do use heavy encryption whenever I do put anything on OneDrive, Google Drive, or Mega as I have trust issues with anyone (myself included) not having information heavily
encrypted.

Thanks,

Brian

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
@frogboy Ever hear of this service from AOMEI? I know the two of us have been big fans of their software and I wondered if you ever used MultCloud.

@harlan4096 What do you think of the security claims? I feel as though it is legit, but I do wonder... I haven't progressed forward with using the free service, but I thought I get your insight as well. Some consider me a bit oh I don't know "paranoid" or overly security contentious and I just scratch my head wondering how truly secure this product can be. I know by just raising this question I raise more questions myself. Some may say - if one is raising questions stay away; however, this could be said of any product.

More information about security: MultCloud Security

Personally, I don't have an issue backing things up to more than one cloud by myself; however, if I can save time then by all means this tool I feel like could be worth it.

EDIT: I'm looking at using only the free version.

EDIT 2: Sites that recommended it such as The Windows Club, PC Advisor among many others!

Multcloud Chrome Extension: Free Cloud Drive Management tool

MultCloud Reviews

Thanks,

Brian

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Hi, all
my biggest concern IS where are their servers located, in which country.
just a very recent flash back of iCloud dilemma, or perhaps fiasco rather ?

@dragongate888 This is very true... Something one wants to look at as well. However, heavy encryption (my type of heavy level encryption) shouldn't cause any issues with me on where the data is stored. However, you must be very weary of data storage though! I nor others want my data kept in some off laddish not so good place. With this being said, this "service" (from what I have read and understand) doesn't keep your data, but moves it from cloud to cloud to keep things synced, traversed, or moved.

Is this true or am I reading things incorrectly? I'm guessing during some of the transfer process the data is kept on their servers, but then it is moved on to your other cloud sites where the data is no longer sitting on their servers. However, this bolds the question: what becomes of the data that is or was sitting on the AOMEI's servers? Does it get scrubbed? Does it sit there for a while? One has to assume data may be sniffed out so again back to my heavy encryption theory - one cannot have enough heavy encryption.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Brian

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I didn't know about it, and don't know how trusting it can be :unsure:

Personally, I don't do cloud "backupping", only offline ones :cautious::D

@harlan4096 I agree. I mainly do all of my backupping of personal information on my own offline media. Some of the non-important non-sensitive stuff such as ISOs, EXEs, software etc. files I put out on cloud storage. Keeping the licensing offline.

Thanks for your input!

Sincerely,

Brian

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I have been using this service for a long time and its good. And if you ask about security, I actually don't put anything sensitive in cloud so there is nothing to worry about. My suggestion, if you trust cloud then you can trust Multcloud and if you don't trust cloud then there's nothing to trust Multcloud.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I decided to make the jump into Multcloud. I highly encrypted everything that I'm transferring over. Looks like we get 2TB of free transfers per month - nothing blazing fast if you don't pay. I'm getting oooohhh about 2 mbps which isn't super fast, but faster than my home.

Image of backup:
1548532845629.png

Like I said, nothing super fast. However, it gets the job done faster than what my home can process as I am "cheap" when it comes to buying super high speed internet - don't need it as I could pull something down fairly fast from work during my off hours.

Anyone else here at MT using it? I'm not super big on cloud storage, but I'm doing an experiment to offload some old data backups I'm not using at the moment that is taking up some space on my other clouds and putting them on a central one.

~Brian

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Great solution. I would advise using the free plan as the paid one got more expensive. To me it shows now $ 9.9/month. I also don`t like the idea to put everything in cloud, only unneeded huge files.

Reactions: Weebarra and RXZ6Q

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Yeah, I plan on sticking it out with the free plan to offload some of the unused stuff holding up space on some of my drives. I'm wrapping my backups in various encryption tools and then getting the HASH of those backups too just to ensure nothing has been changed in transit. 2TB per month is nice. Plus 2 mbps isn't all that bad I don't think.

Thanks for the advise there @dinosaur07 !

Anyone else use this service?

~Brian

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Yeah, I plan on sticking it out with the free plan to offload some of the unused stuff holding up space on some of my drives. I'm wrapping my backups in various encryption tools and then getting the HASH of those backups too just to ensure nothing has been changed in transit. 2TB per month is nice. Plus 2 mbps isn't all that bad I don't think.

Thanks for the advise there @dinosaur07 !

Anyone else use this service?

~Brian

Great safety habit and idea. Never thought to record the HASH.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Yeah recording the HASH is always a good idea. That way you know for sure your data wasn't tampered with or changed in any which way. Plus you know you didn't have any download or upload issues at the time. I upload then I re-download to check. From there I just leave the HASH encrypted and uploaded too just in case the house burns down or something of the sort! One never knows! (y)(y)

Plan for the worst and know your still ok if that worse case scenario does happen.

@dinosaur07

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I decided to make the jump into Multcloud. I highly encrypted everything that I'm transferring over. Looks like we get 2TB of free transfers per month - nothing blazing fast if you don't pay. I'm getting oooohhh about 2 mbps which isn't super fast, but faster than my home.
Its free plan offers 50 GB per month, the 2 TB was for lifetime in the past which has been discontinued.

Reactions: Weebarra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.