Last edited:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Nice post. Thanks for sharing about Ransome ware as it is potentially most infected program. Can any 360 complete security software will help to remove it?

360 is a solid all around a-v/behavior blocker. It will give you a good chance of blocking ransomware older than say 2 weeks with Bitdender and Avira signatures enabled. It also contains program add ons that can help too. I use both 360 and AppCheck together, along with Comodo Firewall. Detection may not be the greatest, but Comodo is going to alert unsigned/improperly signed processes AND all command lines that come from them. Powerful combination I feel.

The Qihoo sandbox is great too. You can run anything in the sandbox basically, but I use it for MS Office mostly. It's nice that if you aren't sure about an app, you can run it in the Qihoo sandbox.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Can anyone confirm if AppCheck work along with a combo of Avast Free Antivirus and Comodo Firewall? and Are there any possible conflicts? Thanks :)

@Ikko I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me details on AppCheck compatibility with other security softwares?
Thank you very much for your good assistance (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Can anyone confirm if AppCheck work along with a combo of Avast Free Antivirus and Comodo Firewall? and Are there any possible conflicts?
there is absolutely no need for appcheck if you already have avast + CF because appcheck would rarely do its job when CF is blocking everything before
avast + appcheck is a good combo and I'm using them in all my home PCs. Not sure about conflict because I have never seen appcheck working because avast with HM blocks everything. appcheck is the fail safe when avast is totally bypassed

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
there is absolutely no need for appcheck if you already have avast + CF because appcheck would rarely do its job when CF is blocking everything before
avast + appcheck is a good combo and I'm using them in all my home PCs. Not sure about conflict because I have never seen appcheck working because avast with HM blocks everything. appcheck is the fail safe when avast is totally bypassed

Great to see you again bro and I really appreciate your assistance over here :cool:
I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer my questions please...

Questions:
1. In your opinion, Do you think a combo of Avast Free Antivirus (Evjl's Rain tweaks) with Comodo Firewall (cs settings) would be able to offer a user all of the following features?
a- MBR / GPT Protection
b- Network Drive Protection
c- Removable Disk Protection
d- SMB Server Protection
e- Exploit Protection

2. Why did you choose a combo of Avast Free Antivirus with AppCheck in all your home PCs? while you said that you have never seen AppCheck working because Avast Free Antivirus in HM blocks everything...

3. Why did you choose a combo of Avast Free Antivirus with AppCheck in all your home PCs without a Firewall component?

4. Which of the following combos gives ultimate protection from all internet threats to a user with a very high level of computer knowledge?
a- Avast Free Antivirus (Evjl's Rain tweaks) + Comodo Firewall (cs settings)
b- Avast Free Antivirus (Evjl's Rain tweaks) + AppCheck
c- Avast Free Antivirus (Evjl's Rain tweaks) + Comodo Firewall (cs settings) + AppCheck

Thank you very much for your good answers bro, (y)
Best regards,

Last edited:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
It won't allow IE 11 to open? Opera is ok.
Edit: I turned off the beta exploit protection and IE 11 now opens.

Reactions: AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014

I agree in principle, but I run AppCheck with Q360 and Comodo Firewall, simply because I like being able to run programs sometimes that I feel are 98% to be trusted but don't have a signature etc. This means running outside of the restrictions of containment. In this case, AppCheck is there with the specific file protection against ransomware and also with protection for the MBR. I haven't ever experienced a conflict with these two and A/C...

Thanks for the question. I have been meaning to find out which containment settings choices lead to containment where everything can happen but changes happen in the Comodo sandbox. I think I have things set up so that unrecognized run isolated somehow, since programs don't work in auto-contain. Going to find out at the Comodo Forum...

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I agree in principle, but I run AppCheck with Q360 and Comodo Firewall, simply because I like being able to run programs sometimes that I feel are 98% to be trusted but don't have a signature etc. This means running outside of the restrictions of containment. In this case, AppCheck is there with the specific file protection against ransomware and also with protection for the MBR. I haven't ever experienced a conflict with these two and A/C...

Thanks for the question. I have been meaning to find out which containment settings choices lead to containment where everything can happen but changes happen in the Comodo sandbox. I think I have things set up so that unrecognized run isolated somehow, since programs don't work in auto-contain. Going to find out at the Comodo Forum...
thank you for your reply but I still thing running 360 + CF + appcheck is a waste of resource. I think avast + CF is a lot better than 360+CF because 360 has been going downhill a lot against ransomwares according to the hub tests. I think it's no longer sufficient against malwares nowadays

Great to see you again bro and I really appreciate your assistance over here :cool:
I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer my questions please...

Questions:
1. In your opinion, Do you think a combo of Avast Free Antivirus (Evjl's Rain tweaks) with Comodo Firewall (cs settings) would be able to offer a user all of the following features?
a- MBR / GPT Protection
b- Network Drive Protection
c- Removable Disk Protection
d- SMB Server Protection
e- Exploit Protection

2. Why did you choose a combo of Avast Free Antivirus with AppCheck in all your home PCs? while you said that you have never seen AppCheck working because Avast Free Antivirus in HM blocks everything...

3. Why did you choose a combo of Avast Free Antivirus with AppCheck in all your home PCs without a Firewall component?

4. Which of the following combos gives ultimate protection from all internet threats to a user with a very high level of computer knowledge?
a- Avast Free Antivirus (Evjl's Rain tweaks) + Comodo Firewall (cs settings)
b- Avast Free Antivirus (Evjl's Rain tweaks) + AppCheck
c- Avast Free Antivirus (Evjl's Rain tweaks) + Comodo Firewall (cs settings) + AppCheck

Thank you very much for your good answers bro, (y)
Best regards,
1/ I think CF alone can provide almost all the points but except point b - network protection, I have no idea about server protection but I don't think it can
2/ avast is the best all around FREE and LIGHT AV. I can't find any better free AV. no other free AV can offer good enough signatures, web shield, BB and especially hardened mode. with some windows's tweaks like disabling WSH and powershell, it can be more powerful than paid AVs for average users
3/ I install appcheck because someone may disable avast to run something -> appcheck may save the day. Also if a ransomware bypasses avast somehow, appcheck can help
4/ a if you want maximum protection and b if you want more productivity without any prompt
if you choose avast+CF, I would recommend to disable behavior shield because there is no need for it. Just file + web shields

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.