Appguard License problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Winchestere

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 9, 2017
Well, I purchased appguard on 03/31/2017, and because I am a windows insider, I wiped and reinstalled Win 10 windows insider edition. Now I can't get appguard to install and activate.

So I am warning anyone to not purchase it if they need to reinstall OS, or change machines, I have attempted to contact support with no avail. I have had to contact my bank and issue a chargeback for "an unknown charge" to recover the money on the licence.

For software that is supposed to be one of the best, they have the worst licensing procedures.

In the meantime does anyone have a good alternative for a computer "Lock" I have Kapersky TS in super lockdown mode, but I don't want to run my system online without proper protection due to all the govt malware, ransomware etc.

Reactions: SHvFl and frogboy

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Well, I purchased appguard on 03/31/2017, and because I am a windows insider, I wiped and reinstalled Win 10 windows insider edition. Now I can't get appguard to install and activate.

So I am warning anyone to not purchase it if they need to reinstall OS, or change machines, I have attempted to contact support with no avail. I have had to contact my bank and issue a chargeback for "an unknown charge" to recover the money on the licence.

For software that is supposed to be one of the best, they have the worst licensing procedures.

In the meantime does anyone have a good alternative for a computer "Lock" I have Kapersky TS in super lockdown mode, but I don't want to run my system online without proper protection due to all the govt malware, ransomware etc.

You could try voodooshield :)

The license has three activations. If you clean install the OS, then you should uninstall AppGuard before clean installing otherwise the clean install will "consume" one of the license activations. Evidently you have used all 3 of your license activations. Since the licensing and activations work a little bit differently than what you are accustomed to I can understand your frustration. The "issue" comes up from time-to-time. Each software publisher uses its own licensing and activation scheme; there is no universal one. However, I can assure you that your license activations can and will be reset if you wish.

The license activations can be reset by sending a request to AppGuard@BlueRidge.com.

When did you send an email to support ? Did you send it to AppGuard@BlueRidge.com ?

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
@Lockdown,

I was to send this query to support but, I'll ask here anyway if you don't mind :)

Ca I transfer my AppGuard install to my new Windows 10 Pro install? I am currently using AppGuard in my Win 7 Ultimate install and in Win8.1 Pro. I wanna know if I can transfer the Win 7 install to the new Win 10 Pro?

Thanks ;)

@Lockdown,

I was to send this query to support but, I'll ask here anyway if you don't mind :)

Ca I transfer my AppGuard install to my new Windows 10 Pro install? I am currently using AppGuard in my Win 7 Ultimate install and in Win8.1 Pro. I wanna know if I can transfer the Win 7 install to the new Win 10 Pro?

Thanks ;)

The license is tied to hardware. License issues should be directed to operations as that department handles all license issues. AppGuard@BlueRidge.com

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
As a gift the Beta testers here about 4 mos ago were awarded Lifetime keys as a Thank you, many of those have been made invalid
now and do not work. They can blame it on policy, or us, or what ever they want, but it paints a difinitive picture of
Zemana, their policies and trust level.
I'm not bothered by it, and Umbra warned us this was a possibility, I'm looking for his post now on the subject.
Like I said earlier it afforded me the chance to discover HitmanPro Alert and I am more than happy. I do feel for the ones that were relying on Zemana to honor their own gifts.
It speaks volumes.
Its like they want to " seen " as a generous & honorable company, but it pains them to walk the walk ;)

The license is tied to hardware. License issues should be directed to operations as that department handles all license issues. AppGuard@BlueRidge.com

Just wanna be sure again, thanks :), so it is hardware and not per partition or OS?

Some programs like Acronis defines 1 pc as only 1 partition (the jerks :(..), anyway thanks for the response I will send an email to them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.