• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 2567
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 2567

Thread author
hi
i don´t know what to use appguard or sandboxie just for surfing the internet and add an extra layer to giver better zero-day protrction
i have panda cload free malwarebytes pro and binisoft firewall control
i know a little about security but like install an forget typs
i think that appgaurd my be the best one for my but will it be safe enough for online banking or is sanboxie a better one

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Hi and welcome to MalwareTips !

Here is my sugggestion

I use both,appguard is more like an antiexecutable and sandboxie is a true sandbox.

I use appguard as a replacement for an AV.

Seeing your config i would suggest you use sandboxie. sandbox all your browsers and thats it. you can forget sandboxie is even there !
You can create a separate sandboxed browser for online banking (without any addons) and set to delete content automatically and you are done !

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips. :)

First of all you kinda posted in the wrong section ;) Should of posted here.

As for your question I will have to say Sandboxie 100%. Why you may as, well it's actually quite simple you can simple accidentally download something that might infect your computer, but at the end all you have to do is empty the Sandbox and, it all gone.

So Sandboxie would have to be my choice. :)

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
McLovin said:
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips. :)

First of all you kinda posted in the wrong section ;) Should of posted here.

As for your question I will have to say Sandboxie 100%. Why you may as, well it's actually quite simple you can simple accidentally download something that might infect your computer, but at the end all you have to do is empty the Sandbox and, it all gone.

No i don't think it warrants a war room,as bot have different set of functions,perhaps more suited to security configuration wizard section.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
arsenaloyal said:
No i don't think it warrants a war room,as bot have different set of functions,perhaps more suited to security configuration wizard section.

Could be put there true.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Hi Kreto, I have never used Appguard but I can tell you that since I installed SBIE for the first time about four years ago, malware don't come near my computers anymore.

Because of my personal experience using Sandboxie, I recommend you install the free version and use it along your favorite antivirus. Thats how I used SBIE for the first 2 years of using the program. Afterward, if you like the program, I suggest you purchase a license. Sandboxie is so good at keeping your system intact, that this December will be two years since I dropped using real time antivirus.

Bo

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
Sandboxie / prevention/ is better than cure,
Appguard is a great program And I wont knock it
use both if you can or want to ,
If you can only use one or afford one then Sandboxie,

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012

+1

F

ForgottenSeer 2567

Thread author
thanks for all the answer (great forum) i have gone overboard and paid for both off them:D
i asked Blue Ridge Networks about license for appguard (i failed to finde i my self)

Thank you for contacting us about an AppGuard license.

The AppGuard license is a perpetual license of AppGuard 3.4, the version currently being sold. As of today, updates are free. We have no plans to change that policy, currently. As we continue to enhance the product moving forward, we might decide to charge a nominal fee for new X.0 versions, but not for additional 3.X versions.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
kreto said:
thanks for all the answer (great forum) i have gone overboard and paid for both off them:D
i asked Blue Ridge Networks about license for appguard (i failed to finde i my self)

welcome to the appguard and sandboxie club mate !

if you have any problems using them both then please do not hesistate to post,i shall try to help you as much as possible.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
appguard license policy is quite similar to well i would say directory opus,where all the upgrades to the same version numbers are free,but you would have to pay for a major version release.

but at $20 for 3 PC license i would still say its a steal !

and sandboxie is gem, pay once and use it on all your PC's with lifetime upgrades,thats the best license terms for any software that i have seen yet !

F

ForgottenSeer 2567

Thread author
thanks.......i will probably need som help down the road:angel:
then i can skip panda cloud and use some online scanner and rescue disk to see if my system i clean form time to time:p

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
kreto said:
thanks.......i will probably need som help down the road:angel:
then i can skip panda cloud and use some online scanner and rescue disk to see if my system i clean form time to time:p

yes you can surely go without a realtime av with appguard in lockdown mode and of course sandboxie

F

ForgottenSeer 2567

Thread author
hi
is one better then the other config appguard for sandboxie

option 1

option 2
As well as adding sandboxiercpss.exe,sandboxiedcomlaunch.exe, sandboxiecrypto.exe to Power Apps remember you need to allow gaurded apps access to the SBIE container unless (like me) you have moved that from the default location to user space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.