Product name
AppGuard
Pros
  • Easy to install and use
    Low Resource usage
    Highest Level of Protection
    Very good customer support
CONS
Even though Appguard is so good at protection it’s always recommended to combine this with an Anti-Virus or an Anti-executable like Novirusthanks Exe Radar Pro, as Appguard when in install mode is vulnerable.
Has to lower the protection to install mode for installing a software. Beginners might seem it a bit annoying
BOTTOM LINE
I have always recommended this software to my friends and only a few were able to understand its merits. The funny thing is most of them said that they weren’t able to install anything and to install anything they have lower the protection and that it’s a bit annoying and they always forget to lower the protection. I see this in a different angle. It shows how powerful Appguard really is and nothing can get past it. You are in full control of your system when Appguard is in operation. All in all I am pretty much impressed with the protection Appguard provides and it has been my frontline defence for some time. Give it a try and I must say you won’t be disappointed. I know it’s a bit of learning curve but once you understand its capabilities then I am sure it will make it to your security defence strategy.

D'Artagnan

May 9, 2014
I installed AppGuard on my "finicky" old computer June 3rd and had an activation issue. The AppGuard support team at Blue Ridge is first-rate and got me going with clear, polite, and easy to follow instructions in no time. Great support!

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Looked from the Wilderssecurity forum for Appguard, one of them (I think is the Developer, Barb) mentioned you can only activate the license 3 times so after 3 times it will not be valid anymore? Since the review here mentioned is lifetime.

D

Deleted member 178

Looked from the Wilderssecurity forum for Appguard, one of them (I think is the Developer, Barb) mentioned you can only activate the license 3 times so after 3 times it will not be valid anymore? Since the review here mentioned is lifetime.

Lifetime for the current version.

Example: for all v5 but not v6

Btw, i activated it a dozen of times, but if you reinstall your system, you must uninstall it first.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I faced a problem where my license would not be accepted because of that. After I sent an email to BRN, they reset the license counter. So, now it's fine. :)

Reactions: Online_Sword

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I faced a problem where my license would not be accepted because of that. After I sent an email to BRN, they reset the license counter. So, now it's fine. :)

So I guess the 3 times activation limit still applies. Hence I would have to email to BRN once my activation limit is used up right?

Reactions: XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
So I guess the 3 times activation limit still applies. Hence I would have to email to BRN once my activation limit is used up right?
Yep!

Edit: According to some, there's a workaround for that. You have to uninstall AppGuard (just like what Umbra said) before you do a clean reinstall of the OS.

Reactions: Online_Sword

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.