Technology Apple increases iCloud+ Subscription Prices in many countries

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Apple has increased the price of iCloud storage in several regions around the world, including the United Kingdom, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and South America.

Every Apple ID receives 5GB of free cloud storage, but users can upgrade to a paid ‌iCloud‌+ storage subscription plan to get 50GB, 200GB, or 2TB of storage. The price hike, first spotted by 9to5Mac, represents an increase of around 25 percent.

‌iCloud‌+ SubscriptionPrevious UK PriceNew UK Price
50GB
£0.79/month​
£0.99/month​
200GB
£2.49/month​
£2.99/month​
2TB
£6.99/month​
£8.99/month​

Similar increases have occurred in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Tanzania, South Africa, Colombia, Peru, Brazil. Pricing in the United States, Canada, and European Union remains the same.

All paid ‌iCloud‌+ storage plans include features like ‌iCloud‌ Private Relay, Hide My Email, and Custom Email Domains.

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Apple today announced new 6TB and 12TB storage tiers for its iCloud+ subscription service, pushing past 2TB for the first time.

Every Apple ID receives 5GB of free cloud storage, but users can upgrade to a paid ‌iCloud‌+ storage subscription plan to get 50GB, 200GB, 2TB, 6TB, or 12TB of storage. All paid ‌iCloud‌+ storage plans include features like ‌iCloud‌ Private Relay, Hide My Email, and Custom Email Domains. Currently, subscribers pay $0.99 per month for 50GB of cloud storage, $2.99 per month for 200GB, and $9.99 per month for 2 TB.

The new 6TB ‌iCloud‌+ will be priced at $29.99 per month and while the 12TB plan costs $59.99 per month. For comparison, Google's 5TB and 10TB cloud storage plans cost $24.99 and $49.99 per month.

The higher storage tiers provide an option for those who had already filled 2TB of storage from ‌iCloud‌+ and 2TB of storage from an Apple One subscription. Like other ‌iCloud‌+ subscription plans, the pool of cloud storage can be shared among up to six people via Family Sharing. The bigger ‌iCloud‌ plans are set to become available on Monday, September 18.

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Apple today announced that it is increasing the prices of some of its subscription-based services, including Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and Apple News+, for new and existing subscribers in the U.S. and many other countries around the world.

The price changes in the U.S. are as follows:

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
With the price increases, ads and poor quality content, it won't be long before streamers become as terrible as most cable networks. Its only a matter of time, they can't help themselves.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
With the price increases, ads and poor quality content, it won't be long before streamers become as terrible as most cable networks. Its only a matter of time, they can't help themselves.
What Ads? As far as I'm aware Apple doesn't offer any Ad-supported paid plans.

Content quality is subjective.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
What Ads? As far as I'm aware Apple doesn't offer any Ad-supported paid plans.

Content quality is subjective.
I didn't say Apple had ads, I said streamers, eg. Netflix.

Of course quality is subjective.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.