Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
BBC said:
Apple has asked a court to ban eight Samsung mobile phones in the US.

The phones include the Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S2 AT&T model, Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Galaxy S2 T-Mobile model, Galaxy S2 Epic 4G, Galaxy S Showcase, Droid Charge and Galaxy Prevail.

It comes in the wake of Apple's US court victory over its rival, which saw the South Korean company ordered to pay $1.05bn (£655m) for copying patents.

Apple shares rose 1.88% to $675.68 in Monday trading on Wall Street.

The company has asked the US District Court in San Jose, California, for a preliminary injunction on the Samsung products, while a permanent injunction is sought.

At the same time, Samsung has also asked the court to delete an injunction on its Galaxy Tab 10.1, after the jury in the recent court case found it did not infringe Apple's design patent for the iPad tablet.

Judge Lucy Koh had issued an injunction on the tablet on 26 June.

Earlier on Monday, Samsung sent a memo to staff hitting out at what it called the "abuse of patent law".

Shares in Samsung fell 7% in Seoul trading, their biggest one-day fall in almost four years.

On 24 August, a US court ruled that Samsung had infringed Apple patents for mobile devices in one of the most significant rulings in a global intellectual property battle.

Samsung said it would be appealing against the verdict.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19388633

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Oh Apple you big bully... As if taking over billion dollars of Samsungs money wasn't enough. :rolleyes:

Still glad to this day I've never spent a dollar on any of Apples products and still have an un-used $25 iTunes Gift that I got 4 years ago as a birthday present.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave........ ;)

To Apple: You've got another problem:

I think Microsoft is using some of your colors?.. Don't you have a patent for that? If yes,just sue Microsoft...forget this silly ideas to build a better phone that they have...

Last edited:

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
If Apple thinks they can Destroy Samsung Mobile or Samsung in General and think I'll come to them, Then they can forget it.

If Samsung does indeed be banned or start pulling out their Smart Phones out of the US market then I'll just buy from their Sister Company, LG. If not, I'll start buying Window's Phones.

I would never buy anything from Apple, The only thing I bought from Apple was an Ipod and that because I got sick and tired of waiting for Microsoft to come out with one and I never liked all those other MP3 players and I never bought music off of Itunes, I just rip the music off of my CD's and "other" Things.

Just to note, I was looking for a new TV these past few weeks and picked up a Nice Samsung 26" LED TV for my Room last night and its Awesome and might pick up that Samsung60" they had on sale at my local wholesale club and put it either in the living Room or the Gaming/Entertainment room :D

Koreans make some nice products and here I am thinking everything was in Japan lol

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MrXidus said:
Still glad to this day I've never spent a dollar on any of Apples products and still have an un-used $25 iTunes Gift that I got 4 years ago as a birthday present.

Only thing that I bought off Apple is an iPod, apart from that Apple products break to easily.

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
Apple seeks to ban sale of eight Samsung well it was the next step
for apple to take,
Apple wont be happy till Samsung phones are banned everywhere,

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
InternetChicken said:
Apple wont be happy till Samsung phones are banned everywhere,

I think Apple won't be happy until anything similar to their products are banned everywhere. :p

Here is an interesting article on Steve Jobs as an "innovator".

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
nice one I like it , lol Steve Jobs,
did not know about Edison though ,
learn something new every day thanks HeffeD

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The main purpose of patents is to protect developers work, but in many cases they get abused and hold back technology. This is a good example.

Apple Patent Win: Good for Apple, Bad for Samsung, Lousy for Consumers- Video link

Thanks.:D

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
This is ridiculous, i think they are taking it way to far now. I would think the $1.05b was too much already just for some patents but banning the phones what happens to the users already using these phones do they lose support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.