Apple vs. Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Ugh will apple ever stop acting like a bunch of 4 year olds?

Probably not. LOL

While Steve Jobs did great things, most of his subservients thought way to highly of themselves while being casual hipsters that mooched off of his creativity.

IMHO, Apple is going to subtly start going downhill. I know Steve was just one man, but he was impressively prolific. They will never have a second string QB or new recruit anything close to what he was. It was a shame he had to die so soon, but he left a much bigger mark in that short life than most people ever dream of doing. While Steve was very different than me in some of his beliefs and most of his political views, he had my respect. Hats off to him.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
ZOU1 said:
Probably not. LOL

While Steve Jobs did great things, most of his subservients thought way to highly of themselves while being casual hipsters that mooched off of his creativity.

IMHO, Apple is going to subtly start going downhill. I know Steve was just one man, but he was impressively prolific. They will never have a second string QB or new recruit anything close to what he was. It was a shame he had to die so soon, but he left a much bigger mark in that short life than most people ever dream of doing. While Steve was very different than me in some of his beliefs and most of his political views, he had my respect. Hats off to him.

What great things did he do?

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
What great things did he do?

I guess I could specifically go through their product line of the last 15 years, one by one, and compare those tech products to alternatives on the market at those times, but let me give a simpler answer: he built a 600 billion dollar company from virtually nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I am a MSFT guy and always was cheering for Gates, but Steve had his own gig and did well at it.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
ZOU1 said:
he built a 600 billion dollar company from virtually nothing.

That's a fair statement. Virtually nothing, including innovation. ;)

Jobs very rarely had ideas of his own. He would ask to be shown ideas, and would pick the ones he liked, then after making his decision, he would present these ideas as his own. Even in front of those whose ideas these actually were...

From everything I've seen and read, he was not a nice person, and definitely not the innovator that the press makes him out to be.

This is a pretty interesting video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
J
obs very rarely had ideas of his own. He would ask to be shown ideas, and would pick the ones he liked, then after making his decision, he would present these ideas as his own. Even in front of those whose ideas these actually were...

From everything I've seen and read, he was not a nice person, and definitely not the innovator that the press makes him out to be.

I figured that was where you were going with it. :) Point taken.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
So he was into eclectic tech collections via other creators (BASF?). LOL

Apple = BASF We don't make the things you use. We make the things you use better?

That video almost made me angry again. Good video. It sort of made Apple look like charlatans.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
ZOU1 said:
That video almost made me angry again. Good video. It sort of made Apple look like charlatans.

Yes it does, but as they pointed out, they weren't trying to make Apple look bad, just point out that they aren't the innovators that Apple's PR department makes them appear to be. (And the press jumps on that bandwagon, which of course leads the public to believe the hype)

I don't see anything wrong with refining an existing product. The problem is that Apple doesn't seem to realize that is what they're doing. They take existing ideas and try to make it better. That's a win, right? Wrong, because after creating this "better product", they seem to feel then that the entire concept of that product is now their property and sue anyone who attempts to do what they themselves do!

As that video points out, they didn't actually invent or even develop most of the products that people associate them with. All they did was refine existing ideas.

To then turn around and sue other companies who are also trying to improve things is just hypocritical and wrong. I mean seriously, suing other companies that are putting out a tablet or a phone with rounded edges? :rolleyes:

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
they weren't trying to make Apple look bad, just point out that they aren't the innovators that Apple's PR department makes them appear to be.

Absolutely. The truth hurts. LOL
That guy in the video was not biased at all and they did a good job of enlightening me.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Yeah, they also come and copy Samsung's photo frame's design which was back in 2006 and release it as iPad in 2010.

http://www.androidauthority.com/behold-samsungs-ipad-made-in-2006-21278/

Lol and then they sue all those Galaxy Tabs out there.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Yeah, they also come and copy Samsung's photo frame's design which was back in 2006 and release it as iPad in 2010.

Lol and then they sue all those Galaxy Tabs out there.

Now I am definitely an Apple hater. I used to have fun loving Gates and scoffing at Jobs just for fun, like Honda vs. Toyota; Ford vs. Chevy, etc., but I have a grudge now. It ticks me off not that they are innovative (though not creative), but they are crying foul on everyone else out there. A 600 billion dollar company behaving like that.................I could understand if they were infantile in their development stage.
Well, I have seen the Android, and it is the real deal, so Apple can fly kites and cut grass for all I care. I never wanted a smart phone until I saw the Android (made in Japan too :)). I am thrilled that I have never funded their cry baby operation----Jerks! We have Linux and Microsoft and Apple has really not invented much at all, apparently; so we don't need them.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Nexus US injunction gets reversed :) : http://gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_nexus_us_injunction_gets_reversed_-news-4935.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.